The View announce tour

uni

Saw them at the Ironworks on Sunday night. Hadn't seen them before and I hadn't listened to the new album. I liked what I heard though, despite the lack of an encore and lack of actual 'atmosphere' in the crowd. Shame really. Still good however.

I liked what I heard though, despite the lack of an encore and lack of actual 'atmosphere' in the crowd. Shame really.

Not to rub it in or anything, but the crowd in Dundee, despite having an average age of 13, created one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced.

The new album is a real 'grower'. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 tracks, it is awesome!

Lack of an encore is always annoying with The View, but with a set lasting almost 2 hours we couldn't really complain ;)

Saw them at the Ironworks on Sunday night. Hadn't seen them before and I hadn't listened to the new album. I liked what I heard though, despite the lack of an encore and lack of actual 'atmosphere' in the crowd. Shame really. Still good however.

They've never done an encore, they just chop and change the setlist depending on how the gig is going. Encores are fake crap anyway.

In Dundee they played a 24 song set compared to 20 in Inverness.

They've never done an encore, they just chop and change the setlist depending on how the gig is going. Encores are fake crap anyway.

In Dundee they played a 24 song set compared to 20 in Inverness.

pretty sure they played an encore when i saw them at king tuts in january.

The view were fucking excellent last night! If anyone saw me I was the long haired sweaty mess in the pit! :lol: promised myself before the gig I wouldn't go in the pit too haha

Edited by Mik

Went to Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow Barras last night.

I wish I was you... only without the Aberdeen affiliation ;)

Saw the photo of the Caird Hall on The View's Facebook page; even more mental than I remembered it!

What was the best gig then?

Genuinely cannot pick one :ph34r: Dundee had the best performance without doubt but the people who I was standing next to were the biggest c***s ever to live. Aberdeen I got steaming and I had to most fun and I met them before hand t but Kyle's voice was starting to go a bit odd. Glasgow Barras was great purely because it was in the Barras. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick one I would be tempted to say Aberdeen but because I never going to be in that situation I can safely say all of them were great in their own ways.

Genuinely cannot pick one :ph34r: Dundee had the best performance without doubt but the people who I was standing next to were the biggest c***s ever to live. Aberdeen I got steaming and I had to most fun and I met them before hand t but Kyle's voice was starting to go a bit odd. Glasgow Barras was great purely because it was in the Barras. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick one I would be tempted to say Aberdeen but because I never going to be in that situation I can safely say all of them were great in their own ways.

:lol: What were they doing and where abouts were you standing?

Edited by ForzaDundee

I found the Dundee crowd to be a lot, lot better than I've experienced at recent Oasis gigs in both Glasgow and Edinburgh; granted most of them were half my age but, probably because of the fact that booze wasn't really being sold in the venue at all, it seemed like folk were there to enjoy the music.

Next up for The View and me will be T in the Park, I would imagine... I really hope they're not stuck out on one of the stages like last year; their King Tuts sets are so much better!

I was at the front. They were clearly off their tits on coke then one of them was trying to take jacket. Once the gig started it was good because we could proper hit them/spit in their hair! :lol:

I was at the front. They were clearly off their tits on coke then one of them was trying to take jacket. Once the gig started it was good because we could proper hit them/spit in their hair! :lol:

When Grace started I was nearer the back but by the end I was nearly right beside the barrier so must of been near you for most of the gig. Was annoyed by the wee girls falling over every song.

Good choice uni! If someone annoys me, my first couse of action is usualy to spit in their hair as well. You'll do well in life. :)

Good choice uni! If someone annoys me, my first couse of action is usualy to spit in their hair as well. You'll do well in life. :)

I feel happy now. :D

• 5 months later...

The View announce Scotttish shows for December including a NYE date,

Dunfermline, Glen Pavillion, Saturday 17th December

Inverness, Ironworks, Sunday 18th December

Glasgow, O2 ABC, Monday 19th December

Glasgow, O2 ABC, Tuesday 20th December

Hogmanay, Aberdeen, Saturday 31st December

Tickets go on sale on Friday 14th October from Ticketweb Ticketmaster

Edited by Mik