The View announce tour

uni

I saw The View at the Martell once, and if you've ever been to the Martell before, you'll understand how truly bizarre that was. I lost a shoe and part of my street cred.

The one and only time I've been in the Martell, there was a Barry White impersonator playing there!

There is a poll on their website to see which old tunes 'we' want them to play. Cracking idea.

'Gem of a Bird' and 'Don't Tell Me' would be awesome.

Looks like Dunfermline has sold out now, too. Hope they add a few more dates or something, definitely wouldn't mind seeing them in Dundee!

• 2 weeks later...

The View's new tune, Sunday, is available to download for free on their website.

'Up the Junction', 'Posh Boys' and 'Gem of a Bird' are top of the poll on said website to be included as the old tunes for their latest tour; all three would be amazing. Getting seriously excited for the Dunfermline gig now, just wish I'd bought tickets for Bathgate too...

Arguably the best gig i have ever been to last night. The View were at their best! The place was bounging.

Great Setlist:

WASTELAND

GRACE

5 REBECCA’S

WASTED LITTLE DJS

TRAGIC MAGIC

REALIZATION

DON’T TELL ME

GIRL

DOUBLE YELLOW LINES

DANCE IN TO THE NIGHT

CLAUDIA

SUPERSTAR TRADESMAN

UNDERNEATH THE LIGHTS

SUNDAY

SHOCK HORROR

POSHBOYS

GEM OF A BIRD

HAPPY

UP THE JUNCTION

Some classics in there that they havent played in a long time. Their new stuff is pretty damn good too.

Prob only surprise was the obmission of Same Jeans, which i quite like. But bar that, immense gig. Really recommend anyone catching them on the tour!

Arguably the best gig i have ever been to last night. The View were at their best! The place was bounging.

Great Setlist:

WASTELAND

GRACE

5 REBECCA’S

WASTED LITTLE DJS

TRAGIC MAGIC

REALIZATION

DON’T TELL ME

GIRL

DOUBLE YELLOW LINES

DANCE IN TO THE NIGHT

CLAUDIA

SUPERSTAR TRADESMAN

UNDERNEATH THE LIGHTS

SUNDAY

SHOCK HORROR

POSHBOYS

GEM OF A BIRD

HAPPY

UP THE JUNCTION

Some classics in there that they havent played in a long time. Their new stuff is pretty damn good too.

Prob only surprise was the obmission of Same Jeans, which i quite like. But bar that, immense gig. Really recommend anyone catching them on the tour!

That set is unreal.

Hoping for much of the same at Dunfermline in Decemeber!!

Raging I didn't get a ticket for Bathgate too... C'est la vie.

Aberdeen was fucking radio rentals, people swinging from the lights, the crush at the front was mad and it was just a great performance. Went to the after party got more pished and just loved it. Almost got lifted and turned up to college the next day still pished! The View are on fire!!!!

Unfortunately I can't make the gig tonight sad.gif

Therefore, I'm selling 2 tickets for tonights show at the QMU - face value of course

I'll meet you anywhere in the town centre between 4-5.

Give me a shout if you're interested.

EDIT: sold

Edited by Mik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The gig on Saturday was absolutely insane; Shock Horror and Double Yellow Lines were utterly manic!!

The playlist wasn't quite as good or as full as the one someone posted from one of the earlier gigs but was still superb.

I'd imagine they'll be playing bigger venues again when they are releasing their new album; would recommend them to ANYONE.

• 1 month later...

BUMP!!!!

The View confirm Scottish tour dates

A very poorly worded A very poorly worded article :rolleyes: (You'll get it once you read the link)

Tickets on Sale on Friday for these 3 dates, I plan to go to all of them for my 18th bash!

Caird Hall, Dundee 4th April 2011

Music Hall, Aberdeen 5th April 2011

Barrowlands, Glasgow 6th April 2011

They have announced English dats but cannot find them.

THE VIEW ARE ON FIRE!!!!