How did you propose?

DarkBlue62

She really likes penguins (the first birthday present I got her was to sponsor a penguin for her at Edinburgh zoo)

I did this for my fiancee's 21st, though it wasn't in Edinburgh Zoo, it was a Falklands Isles penguin, as well as having a star named after her through one of those gift agencies.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here, where on earth are you two going for the honeymoon? You live in Dubai, yer getting hitched in Dunedin, you visit Fiji every so often, where else is there?

Maldives ;)

that's funny, we're looking at that brochure right now. She will kill me for saying this, she's actually just taken it to the little girls room laugh.gif

It'll be one of the Indian Ocean islands anyway, maybe Seychelles or Mauritius.

I'm in charge of choosing :D

£150pp to book it today. For when we are looking at booking, we can get the maldives for around £1750 ai pp, or we can go to Greece for £1200 hb pp.

As much as I love Greece, it's a bit of a no-brainer.

On the subject of asking the permission of the Father, I would never do it. It's a sexist irrelevant tradition, that I know my girlfriend would hate if I did it. Even if he said no, I'd ask anyway so what's the point? My girlfriend is not property of her father so it's not up to him.

Fair enough if you want to though.

I proposed to the good lady at Taynuilt Ferry - a beautiful wee place just outside Taynuilt on the banks of Loch Etive. We were on our way up to Oban for Valentines, and stopped at Taynuilt on the way.

I did this for my fiancee's 21st, though it wasn't in Edinburgh Zoo, it was a Falklands Isles penguin, as well as having a star named after her through one of those gift agencies.

:lol:

There was a guy used to come to me to get framing done. I must have framed about five certificates for various burds he named stars after. I wonder if he has a full constellation now with the various burds names?

andy c summed up the father thing for me it wasn't a case of asking the man if i could we just had a we chat where i said i wanted to it got as far as that and he said he was delighted. but it scored massive brownie points with everyone which is no bad thing

Strange as it may seem, my wife and I can't actually remember a proposal as such. It just seemed to gradually happen that we knew we would get married. Telling her mother was something though (her dad had passed away before I met her) and virtually before we had left her mum's house, the hall, the band, the church and taxis had all been booked. It seems the plan was all there and all it needed was the man.

My husband and I just had a conversation that we'd like to get married to each other. That was after a few weeks, we announced it at my 21st birthday 5 months after we got together and got married the following August.

Had been together with my now wife for 6 years or so, and living together for 2. So I knew she was the 'one' but had some fun along the way when I proposed.

I sent her on an outdoor 'treaure' hunt, with the promise of taking her to a show in Edinburgh if she got to the end (Oblivious to any proposal) as I hate shows and informed her she should earn it. Ticket print outs, she was told, were at the end of the trail.

Spent the Friday night laying a trail, with several clues dotted around the countryside (some a mile or so apart). Woke up on the Saturday, and sent her on her way with the dog. After a couple hours, she was back at the house, red faced and out of breath - 'you barsteward-theres nothing there' was her reply. After telling her thet there definitely was, we both walked to the spot where I had supposedly hid the tickets, I scrambled about in the growth, yelled to her 'I've found it!', she came over, and whilst I was on my knee popped the question, taking the ring from my pocket. Taken by surprise? hell yeah. Was very entertaining. She enjoys telling folk how I popped the Q.

laugh.gif

There was a guy used to come to me to get framing done. I must have framed about five certificates for various burds he named stars after. I wonder if he has a full constellation now with the various burds names?

It explains in the small print that the star isn't going to be universally known by that name, only in their registry, but it was a nice touch nontheless I felt.

It explains in the small print that the star isn't going to be universally known by that name, only in their registry, but it was a nice touch nontheless I felt.

How much does that cost? I can't help but thinking you could type up a certificate for nothing as opposed to forking out yer cash for the same thing.

here, where on earth are you two going for the honeymoon? You live in Dubai, yer getting hitched in Dunedin, you visit Fiji every so often, where else is there?

Maldives ;)

Methill!!!

And db62,dont be soo fecking silly,your only young live a little and taste some variety;)

Archived