How did you propose?

DarkBlue62

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I proposed at Trevi Fountain in Rome at night. I'd not done my research as didn't realise how big it was.

I thought it would be a quiet romantic setting. There must have been about 100 folk there.

I'd decided I was doing it there so got down on one knee and proposed. Less than a minute and some guy with a Polaroid was fleecing me for about 10 euros for our happy moment.

We were having a picnic in the park.  I softened her up by throwing a dead wasp at her that I found in the grass.  Then I asked her.  I think she was still terrified and wasn't entirely sure what had happened.

On top of the hill at eriskay witnessed by 2 sheep. Wid. Left a bottle of bubbly in the car as I thought we would go to the politician boozer down below. Pub is a bit shit so wandered onto the beach to finish our drinks in the sun. Always wondered if it had been raining would I have bothered.

I've been with my Mrs for nearly 11 years and we've known since a couple of years in we'd get married but never been in any hurry. For Christmas 2014 I gave her an empty ring box and told her when she found the ring she wanted we'd make it official, and she picked one last September while in New York for my sister's wedding. Other than our house, it's the most expensive thing I've ever bought but to be fair she'd waited a long time for it.

We decided not to announce it over there as we didn't want to steal anyone's thunder, so just did a low-key proposal after going out for dinner back home. Mrs Zetterlund had strict rules about no big romantic gestures anyway so it suited us both. Just got married last weekend and no signs of imminent divorce yet.

My son in law asked my permission. Wasn't expecting it but I thought it showed a good old fashioned touch of class.

Your son in law asked to marry you?

My son in law asked my permission. Wasn't expecting it.

Who fucking would?

Fair play, though. I'm looking forward to my (future) daughter-in-law proposing to me one day. Wid.

I was proposed to in Central Park New York just as the sun was setting and it started snowing. Walked on ahead, turned round and he was on one knee with a ring.

Went back to the hotel and had a few drinks and a Chinese takeaway to celebrate.

You should have invited princess of paradise for a threesome.

We were sitting outside Linlithgow Palace eating an ice-cream after cycling through from Falkirk.

She's only got wee legs so was too tired to cycle home. So we got the train and a boy was sick all over my legs and bike.

Good times.

NSFW:

That night was the first time I jizzed on her face.

Better times.

Went for a walk along the high street in Montrose and stopped to look at the jewelers window, I said something along the lines of "I'd really like us to get married and I think you should pick your own ring"

She said yes, then we went in and picked what she wanted and the guy made it for her.

I thought I was being romantic, right down to the bespoke ring however she had imagined the whole one knee, velvet box thing. Oh well can but try.

Archived