How did you propose?

DarkBlue62

Wouldn't it be better to talk to her about it first? Then you can see what page you're on.

My girlfriend and I have talked about it and we both know that we don't want to right now or in the near future but probably will further along the line, or maybe these discussions only come out in time, me and my girlfriend have been going out for over two years.

My advice for DB would be to ask what she thinks casually, because if she doesn't want to yet and says no, it will probably be the worst feeling you'll feel, other than maybe relatives dying.

I would go with this. Good advice imo.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be better to talk to her about it first? Then you can see what page you're on.

My girlfriend and I have talked about it and we both know that we don't want to right now or in the near future but probably will further along the line, or maybe these discussions only come out in time, me and my girlfriend have been going out for over two years.

My advice for DB would be to ask what she thinks casually, because if she doesn't want to yet and says no, it will probably be the worst feeling you'll feel, other than maybe relatives dying.

Believe it or not we have and she certainly likes the idea.

I may do it a few days after her birthday and act like I never got her anything for it. Or would that be horrible? :lol:

I may do it a few days after her birthday and act like I never got her anything for it. Or would that be horrible? laugh.gif

:lol: Dont give her a reason to ditch you before the big question, that would be quite funny though.

You going to all this effort.

And that makes what difference? Surely you would propose on a different day other than her birthday, so that day will be remembered by the day of when she was born and the day she got asked to get married.

Have a day where its for you both

That was my plan last year but I had bought the ring and ended up taking her away the next day and proposed then, when i thought about it her birthday didn't really make it any different or special from the day i ended up doing it on.

Your just trying to get out of buying her a ring you tight c**t - she won't say it at the time, but a couple of years down the line that will be thrown in your face.

Factoid.

Yeah, thinking about it more I will either do it a few days before or after said birthday.

Yeah, thinking about it more I will either do it a few days before or after said birthday.

Go to the pub all afternoon, sneak back in strip down to your pants and fire on Rod Stewart 'Love Train' get your dancing moves on and see if she wants to join in with your "people round the world, join hands and start a Love Train" - if yes, she's a keeper.

What? A woman likes the idea of owning in perpetuity the present and future assets of a naive teenager flushed with the romance of his first girlfriend? I refuse to believe it's even possible!

What? A woman likes the idea of owning in perpetuity the present and future assets of a naive teenager flushed with the romance of his first girlfriend? I refuse to believe it's even possible!

First girlfriend, incorrect.

Rest is correct.

Her birthday. wink.gif

no no no no no no no.

the 4 dates not to get engaged on are :

her birthday,

christmas,

valentines day

new year.

reasons being, if it goes tits up, you ruin that day for her forever. and you dont want her remembering you for that!!!

Guest The Phoenix

no no no no no no no.

the 4 dates not to get engaged on are :

her birthday,

christmas,

valentines day

new year.

reasons being, if it goes tits up, you ruin that day for her forever. and you dont want her remembering you for that!!!

Boxing Day's a real winner.

It's easy to remember to give her a smack in the mouth for messing up your life.

I'm 19 and I've been with my girlfriend for about 14 months or so now, and she's practically lived here for the past 9 or 10 of those. Like fuck is there any chance of me wanting to get engaged to her at this age, and I think DarkBlue or whoever else that's roughly my age and thinking like that are bonkers. I'm not daft enough to think that this is it for me now - I'd like to, in fact, but I know that anything can happen. If we're still together five or six years down the line and she wants to, then maybe aye. But I'm more than happy with how things are right now.

I'm 19 and I've been with my girlfriend for about 14 months or so now, and she's practically lived here for the past 9 or 10 of those. Like fuck is there any chance of me wanting to get engaged to her at this age, and I think DarkBlue or whoever else that's roughly my age and thinking like that are bonkers. I'm not daft enough to think that this is it for me now - I'd like to, in fact, but I know that anything can happen. If we're still together five or six years down the line and she wants to, then maybe aye. But I'm more than happy with how things are right now.

Thats the reason everyone thinks the same tho. I wouldnt want to waste my time with someone for 5 or 6 years and not get married, It would just seem a waste if you ended up splitting up then. I feel that way anyway.

Thats the reason everyone thinks the same tho. I wouldnt want to waste my time with someone for 5 or 6 years and not get married, It would just seem a waste if you ended up splitting up then. I feel that way anyway.

It's going to seem like more of a waste if you get married then split up in 6 years.

It's going to seem like more of a waste if you get married then split up in 6 years.

esp if she gets half of everything.

you walk funny with one ball. true story

I'd imagine having one leg and only half of a brain would be more of a problem in terms of walking.

the leg part i'll give you, but half a brain??

take a peek in the old firm threads. they seem to survive with lesstongue.gif

Archived