How did you propose?

DarkBlue62

I would need to be going out with a girl for a couple of years before I would go for it I would guess, unless I just knew that she was the one for me. Although I don't plan on meeting her for atleast another 5 years.

As for db, if you feel it's the right thing to do you should go for it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wife just sent an MMS of her hand with a sparkly ring on it to her folks and, as i thought, gave us their full blessing. So much so, that they paid for the full wedding! Result.

My missus' mum didn't speak to me for about 6 months after we got engaged, her old man was distant but he always was up until the past year.

Second time was with current missus, spent more than I should of my actual hard earned cash, rang her old boy in the afternoon out of courtesy cause he's a guid c**t (for the record if he told me to poke it I'd still have went for it), we went out for a slap up meal and on a quiet walk in the late evening I did the whole one-knee thing like a giant pansy b*****d.

Poof.

So since I've been going out with the current girlfriend for 9 months on Saturday, its wrong to be thinking about it? :ph34r:

On the contrary pal. My parents got married after 9 months together and are currently enjoying their silver anniversary this year. At least thinking about it would be seen as perfectly natural to some people...just not me! :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

So since I've been going out with the current girlfriend for 9 months on Saturday, its wrong to be thinking about it? :ph34r:

Photographic evidence would better enable the P&B Masses to pass informed judgement on that question.

We wouldn't want our favourite Dundee Fan getting hitched to a munter, would we? :unsure:

We got engaged after 5 months and married after 18 months. We've been married 6 years now with child number 2 on way. My sister in law was with her guy for 5yrs when they got engaged, 6 when married and didn't make it to their 2nd wedding anniversary. She was one of our biggest critics and got re married at the weekend having followed a similar time scale to us this time.

Agreed, I married ayrgirl after knowing her for 23 minutes and that turned out perfectly! (I got the UK passport) :)

A St Mirren fan proposed to his girlfriend on the pitch at half time during a St Mirren v Morton game, I am sure they both got a lot of stick and he (or she) stuck the fingers up at us.

Or did I dream that?

No, you didn't dream it, I remember that too. What an absolute fanny.

Anyway, in my case he didn't actually ask me, per se. It was the day before I was fecking off to New Zealand for two months and he'd been behaving like an absolute cockfarmer for weeks, not wanting me to go, convinced I was going to be getting boabied aw ways, etc. He was talking about something completely inconsequential and then dropped into the conversation something about 'when we're married'. I didn't say anything (I was in a huge huff, we were lost somewhere between Tarbet and Campbeltown and it was pissing with rain) so he again said something about getting married, and added 'cos we will be, won't we?' in a slightly desperate fashion. I mumbled some sort of agreement cos I didn't fancy having to walk home.

I wonder why that didn't last?

Photographic evidence would better enable the P&B Masses to pass informed judgement on that question.

We wouldn't want our favourite Dundee Fan getting hitched to a munter, would we? :unsure:

Thanks for the concern TP. :P

Anyway, in my case he didn't actually ask me, per se. It was the day before I was fecking off to New Zealand for two months and he'd been behaving like an absolute cockfarmer for weeks, not wanting me to go, convinced I was going to be getting boabied aw ways, etc. He was talking about something completely inconsequential and then dropped into the conversation something about 'when we're married'. I didn't say anything (I was in a huge huff, we were lost somewhere between Tarbet and Campbeltown and it was pissing with rain) so he again said something about getting married, and added 'cos we will be, won't we?' in a slightly desperate fashion. I mumbled some sort of agreement cos I didn't fancy having to walk home.

Sorry but for some reason that made me laugh, a lot :D

You did though, didn't you?

You did though, didn't you?

No, I was very well behaved 'cos I was engaged.

I waited until I got back to Glasgow, got very drunk, we had a blazing row and I shagged one of his friends :D

No, I was very well behaved 'cos I was engaged.

I waited until I got back to Glasgow, got very drunk, we had a blazing row and I shagged one of his friends :D

So you went abroad in the warmth and sunshine, didn't get ridden rotten of some hunky tanned surfer or whatever, instead waiting till you were round the back of a kebab shop wi some fat weegie..................sare yin

So you went abroad in the warmth and sunshine, didn't get ridden rotten of some hunky tanned surfer or whatever, instead waiting till you were round the back of a kebab shop wi some fat weegie..................sare yin

In Wellington? In July?

Archived