How did you propose?

DarkBlue62

For all you with wifes. How did you propose? Down on one knee? Where were you when you you done it?

Also, for all you thinking about it, what are your plans?

For everyone else, how would you do it?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all you with wifes. How did you propose? Down on one knee? Where were you when you you done it?

Also, for all you thinking about it, what are your plans?

For everyone else, how would you do it?

I was in bed with her. She asked me! :lol:

Phoned her Dad in advance.

Took her to the same restaurant we went on our first ever date.

As we were leaving and walking up through the courtyard I sneakily dropped a yard behind her and in one motion whipped the ring out of my pocket and got down on one knee.

:D

In a restaurant, over dinner, on her birthday.

I didn't do the one knee thing though in hindsight I probably should have done. I also didn't have a ring to give her at the time but that was entirely deliberate. She would have wanted to choose her own and I knew that. We didn't however tell anyone else until she had a ring to show off two days later.

We'd been seeing one another for almost three years and living together for more than a year though so it was hardly a major shock, though I think she was slightly surprised at the time.

When i pop the question its going to be spontaneous and a spurr of the moment thing. I dont want to have a perfect evening planned as things can only go wrong and she may figure out whats going on. I want to it suddenly feel right and do it, not even having a ring or anything just 'marry me'. Obviously its more likely to feel right after/during a reasonably romantic event, which rules out shagging.

Not that i think about this kind of thing mind.

You must have been on fire inbetween the sheets on that occasion! :lol:

:lol:

She got me when I was vulnerable. She probably knew I'd never have got round to asking her...

She asked me out as well in the first place. :P

We went for a walk across the Forth Road Bridge (my suggestion) and I stopped halfway to tie my shoelace. She asked me what I was doing because I was taking ages and I popped the the question.

Not an entirely romantic location but I had to make sure I got her out of Fife before officially asking her.

We went for a walk across the Forth Road Bridge (my suggestion) and I stopped halfway to tie my shoelace. She asked me what I was doing because I was taking ages and I popped the the question.

Not an entirely romantic location but I had to make sure I got her out of Fife before officially asking her.

Did any of you who have done it asked their dad for permission? :unsure:

A lad I used to work with (rather simple person) thought it would be really original and funny to propose to his girlfriend in the McDonalds drive through.

So he got there food and parked in the car park to eat it then when she wasn't looking he put the ring over the straw of her drink so it fell to the bottom and handed it to her then when she saw it he said will you marry and she threw the drink over him laugh.gif

She ended up agreeing to marry him that night though after a very awkward car journey home and a long argument in the house, poor lad.

But however you ask somebody to marry you don't do it like this ...

A lad I used to work with (rather simple person) thought it would be really original and funny to propose to his girlfriend in the McDonalds drive through.

So he got there food and parked in the car park to eat it then when she wasn't looking he put the ring over the straw of her drink so it fell to the bottom and handed it to her then when she saw it he said will you marry and she threw the drink over him laugh.gif

She ended up agreeing to marry him that night though after a very awkward car journey home and a long argument in the house, poor lad.

But however you ask somebody to marry you don't do it like this ...

I will probably hang myself if that happened to me. The YouTube video I mean, not the McDonalds drive through. :lol:

Of course, old romantic that I am.

His first response "are you sure that's a good idea" :lol:

No, but that's because he was in the States at the time. We phoned them that night and I asked his permission retrospectively!

Archived