May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently Gray is getting bus loads of activists from England to help with his campaign in his own constituency. He's seriously worried...

Is Gray on the regional list or is it win or bust for him?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Labour's core vote is much above 30% these days and they will struggle to attract any floating voters above that.

More likely Labour are focussing entirely on their core vote in the last week or so as they are uncertain of even holding that. Expect every scare story to be shouted from the roofstops by them over the next week. Negativity and fear will be the name of the game.

Surprised we haven't heard of border controls or Tartan Terrorist threat. They usually appear when the SNP do well.

No, by all means go on to make a colossal tit of yourself on yet another politics thread.

Em...er..ah....right.

A political thread and you shove a Sunday mail link...see ye later big brain.:lol:

EDIT TO ADD:

My apologies, VT didn't link to the "Sunday Mail"....but to mention it on a political forum is AMAZING.:)

Em...er..ah....right.

A political thread and you shove a Sunday mail link...see ye later big brain.:lol:

Yes I can see why Scotland's largest selling Sunday newspaper would have no relevance to a Scottish election thread.

1eye.gif = you

Mind and print this off to take down to the pub with you. wacko.gif

Will do old champer.

Monday Club fellas are hard to please, but your contributions to an arguement are a godsend.

Even better than lucky bags and christmas crackers. Thanks bud.

Tomorrow's Labour relaunch may be interesting. Rumours that the key plank will be a promise of an independence referendum. Seriously ...

Where's wee Wendy these days?

Fucking hell!

If that's true then the Labour party are a complete and utter shambles.

Hang on, if that's not true then they're still a complete and utter shambles.

Tomorrow's Labour relaunch may be interesting. Rumours that the key plank will be a promise of an independence referendum. Seriously ...

Where's wee Wendy these days?

Surely not? That would be hilarious! :lol:

I'm not buying it for a second as it would completely invalidate everything they have said for the last 10 years, and would be an absolute dream for the SNP! Labour in this election may have plumbed depths that I never foresaw, but that is just a step too far into the absurd.

Edited to add, far more likely in my opinion is that they do what most people are predicting and decide to go extremely negative, launching attacks on Salmond, and raising the spectre of Guards on Hadrians Wall etc. Incidentally, whatever happened to that whole Local Income Tax thing? Wasn't that meant to become the key issue of the campaign?

Labour are feart to meantion Local Income Tax because the argument there is about statistics and as we know from the knife crime debacle, Labour aren't very good with numbers. But yes, it seems likely that it will be "Tartan Tories, possible alliance with Annabel, more interested in independence than fighting Scotland's corner against Westminster, only Labour can take on Cameron" etc.

There will be a few Labour grandees on display, to shore up Gray, but no sign of Kerr or Baker who are both toast, post election. Kerr will lose in East Kilbride, but Baker has a shoo in on the list, so he will be there for five years to pick over the ruins of his political career.

Strong rumours that Labour's "relaunch" will involve threats of "no bein able tae watch Eastenders or X Factor in an independent Scotland".

I thought they were being negative :lol:

Apparently Gray is getting bus loads of activists from England to help with his campaign in his own constituency. He's seriously worried...

Further to the post above, not only is Gray getting activists from England to help, they have sent an SOS to activists in Nothern Ireland. They are offering to pay air fares to Edinburgh and hotel accommodation for anyone coming over!!! Desperate or what? :lol:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/holyroodelection2011/3545715/Labours-pushed-the-panic-button.html

Labour leader Iain Gray: Alex Salmond more interested in independence than jobs and economy

SNP leader Alex Salmond will put his independence dream ahead of jobs and economic recovery if he is re-elected, Iain Gray will warn today. Labour's Scottish leader says the First Minister has "no new ideas" and will try to push the country into breaking up the UK rather than focusing on getting people back to work.

How very ironic!

Archived