May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would Labour be doing any better if Andy Kerr had won the leadership election instead of Gray?

I take a keen interest in politics but have no knowledge on the internal 'politics' within parties. As an outsider, my personal opinion was that Kerr seemed a more likeable and electable person than Gray, but a guy that drinks in my local who is a Labour party member insisted at the time that Gray was definitely the right choice.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Labour be doing any better if Andy Kerr had won the leadership election instead of Gray?

I take a keen interest in politics but have no knowledge on the internal 'politics' within parties. As an outsider, my personal opinion was that Kerr seemed a more likeable and electable person than Gray, but a guy that drinks in my local who is a Labour party member insisted at the time that Gray was definitely the right choice.

I've always taken Gray's leadership as being an example of the clear lack of talent within Scottish Labour these days. But there must surely be some better than him, or they have no chance of ever getting back to where they were.

Andy Kerr is probably just about the only person on the Labour front bench who is more of a fud than Iain Gray.

Andy Kerr is probably just about the only person on the Labour front bench who is more of a fud than Iain Gray.

That I agree with. They're at least a tie! It would be a closer personality race than Gray will have in two weeks for sure.

In what way? I haven't really noticed any bawbagness about him to be honest (not that I've seen/heard much of him lately TBH). Gray's dull as dishwater persona turns me off right away.

In what way? I haven't really noticed any bawbagness about him to be honest (not that I've seen/heard much of him lately TBH). Gray's dull as dishwater persona turns me off right away.

He's a total bawbag at Holyrood. Asks the sort of loaded questions that a veteran Westminster backbencher would be proud of. And usually gets it twatted right back in his face when he's got the numbers wrong or said something else that simply isn't true.

That and Gordon Brewar ripped him to shreds on Newsnicht for being a total dobber on the Labour knife crime policy.

For those still planning to vote Labour consider this, the value of the gold Gordon Brown sold off between 1999 and 2002 would fetch $21bn, that's 395 tonnes @ $1500+ per ounce. £12.5bn+ that would help a lot these days. :(

I've always taken Gray's leadership as being an example of the clear lack of talent within Scottish Labour these days. But there must surely be some better than him, or they have no chance of ever getting back to where they were.

Me too. If they can't even get a decent leader then it doesn't inspire confidence.

Scotland on Sunday poll has

Constituency Vote

SNP 45%

Labour 32%

Tory 10%

Libs 8%

Regional

SNP 38%

Labour 29%

Tory 12%

Libs 7%

Greens 8%

My copy/paste isn't working but it's up on their website for anyone wanting a read of the article..

Constituency Vote

SNP 45%

Labour 32%

Tory 10%

Libs 8%

Regional

SNP 38%

Labour 29%

Tory 12%

Libs 7%

Greens 8%

My copy/paste isn't working but it's up on their website for anyone wanting a read of the article..

Quote from the article:

Lord Foulkes, who backed Gray for leader of the Scottish party, said: "Iain Gray has been too much of a gentleman. He has been playing by the Marquess of Queensberry rules, but Salmond has been hitting him below the belt again and again."

He added: "It's as if two people are playing a different game. One is playing by the rules and the other is involved in an all-in, freestyle wrestling match. He felt people would see through Salmond, but they don't unless you point it out."

Fucking serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *breathe* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote from the article:

Fucking serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *breathe* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foulkes is a horrible wee cocksucker. I really would love to give him a few smacks. c**t of a man.

I read a report tonight in the Southside News (It was wrapped around my haggis supper) that wee Nicola Sturgeon stands to lose her seat in the Scottish Elections. My immediate reaction was "Ya Beuty, this will be bigger than the Portillo moment" but then I realised that in this Mickey Mouse country we opted for that ridiculous voting system that means even if her constituents don't want that nasty little troll we'll get stuck with her through the list system! So that's me decided what way I'll vote now - it'll be a big "no" to AV

Constituency Vote

SNP 45%

Labour 32%

Tory 10%

Libs 8%

Regional

SNP 38%

Labour 29%

Tory 12%

Libs 7%

Greens 8%

http://www.scotsman.com/holyroodelections/Iain-Gray-under-fire-after.6756937.jp

I read a report tonight in the Southside News (It was wrapped around my haggis supper) that wee Nicola Sturgeon stands to lose her seat in the Scottish Elections. My immediate reaction was "Ya Beuty, this will be bigger than the Portillo moment" but then I realised that in this Mickey Mouse country we opted for that ridiculous voting system that means even if her constituents don't want that nasty little troll we'll get stuck with her through the list system! So that's me decided what way I'll vote now - it'll be a big "no" to AV

Iain Gray (Gray by name, grey by nature) much more likely to lose his seat than Nicola.

Archived