May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're in a Labour safe seat? If you want to keep them out then I wouldn't recommend that. The SNP will have a lot of votes but probably won't win a huge amount of seats on the 1st vote, so they need all the votes they can get in the 2nd Vote to catch up.

It's weird that despite having two votes if you actually want your vote to count in a Labour seat, you probably have to vote SNP twice, or at least definitely in the 2nd vote.

Hmm, it's crap. Was toying with using 2nd vote for Tories to get annabel in again.

You're in a Labour safe seat? If you want to keep them out then I wouldn't recommend that. The SNP will have a lot of votes but probably won't win a huge amount of seats on the 1st vote, so they need all the votes they can get in the 2nd Vote to catch up.

It's weird that despite having two votes if you actually want your vote to count in a Labour seat, you probably have to vote SNP twice, or at least definitely in the 2nd vote.

AMS is a curious creature. Owing to the proportion of constituency to list seats; the way the results of the former impact the allocation in the latter; the tendency for one party to win a lot of the former and for smaller parties to stand in the latter; the regional vote really shouldn't, in almost all circumstances, be regarded as a second preference.

I'm a little surprised, on reflection, that we didn't go for some form of AV+ instead of AMS. It would have made the constituencies a lot more interesting.

Edit: it is absolutely no coincidence that the SNP seats rose last time while the small parties were squeezed. So long as Labour hoover up dozens of Central Belt constituencies then every one else is fighting for that 2nd vote there.

It's not as safe a seat in the Scottish elections as it is in the Westminster elections.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2007/scottish_parliment/html/350.stm

I don't particularly like it when the wee parties get squeezed. I liked the 'rainbow' parliaments before 2007.

Yeah I liked the variation too, but while Labour continue to turn out the swampies I won't be helping them gain power.

Are the Nine Percent Growth Party standing again? I think they turned out to be neo-fascists or something but you can't fault them for ambition.

Edit: it is absolutely no coincidence that the SNP seats rose last time while the small parties were squeezed. So long as Labour hoover up dozens of Central Belt constituencies then every one else is fighting for that 2nd vote there.

Agreed. If you want the SNP in you really need to vote SNP with both votes. 8)

Really weird discussion between Brewer and Salmond, all he's asking about is post-election manoeuvring really.

Absolutely strolled through that. Miles ahead of just about any other politician involved in this election.

finally got round to watching the BNP broadcast...

jaw dropping, i have no words.

it's nothing compared to the ssp broadcast.

has no one else seen it? it's one long head shot of a perplexed looking riot cop taking of his helmet while some weegie boot moans about dave cameron lighting cigars with 50 pound notes.

a truly shocking piece of film.

That site was actually quite accurate in predicting my current voting preferences.

SNP 29%

Green 22%

Lib Dem 15%

Labour 2%

Tory - 8%

I'm currently thinking of voting SNP with my consituency vote and Green for my list vote.

Surprised at mine

Conservative: 57%

Labour :blink: 8%

Lib Dems: -6%

SNP: -18%

Greens: -50%

And that was despite me fucking up the answer on NHS prescription charges in SNP's favour.

Ha apparently I should vote Tory!

Conservatives 30%

Lib Dems on 18%,

Labour on -1%,

SNP -4% and

Greens -12%

Very surprised Tory came top, whilst we agreed on a few things other points were other end of scale. I suspect the SNP scored badly as I thought graduates should pay something towards uni, not everyone should get free prescriptions and the Euro.

I think it is a case of looking for the least bad party- not sure that is what the program states!

Archived