May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seriously pal, I think you're about as capable of deep thought as a Labrador.

I have no idea what you're alluding to with your 'spirit of the time' or 'here and now Nationalism'. My own opinions on the matter have been fairly consistent all through my adult life (which admittedly hasn't been a great deal of time).

And what evidence do you have that I, or Scottish nationalists, in general are racists or xenophobes? Your own fantasies? You're completely betraying your own insecurities and paranoia on the subject with your previous comments about me hating everything English. That's a ludicrous accusation and one you can't possibly back up. Besides, I would like to see Scotland gain independence from the United Kingdom, not England.

Are you saying now that I want independence because I know Scotland will be richer outside the UK than in it? Again, a fairly stunning admission from a unionist. As for a dislike for sharing the common wealth, everybody is in that boat I'm afraid. Who here would click their fingers and equalise the wealth of the world among every nation? Not many I think.

Drivel. Again.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drivel. Again.

Again, instead of replying with anything constructive or coherent, Tryfield plumbs the depths of his intellect to give us a two word answer.

If you think anyone reading this won't instantly see that you're an idiotic fantasist, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

Tryfield plumbs the depths of his intellect to give us a two word answer.

Your lucky I typed two. That's all it deserved, at a push.

I've just been going through the details of the results. In the constituency scoreboard the SNP attracted 902,915 votes (45.4%). Those not voting for the SNP totalled 1,086,307 (54.6%). In the regional results the SNP got 876,421 (44%). Not voting SNP 1,114,630 (56%).

Keeping in mind that a fair few voters were out to kick the stane poke of party they usually vote for and voted SNP instead and we also have 4+ years of an SNP government to go through before any referendum, I'd say this should keep the SNP on their toes. Any slip ups and their chances of winning any separation will be doomed. On the other hand, they may prove to be less sleekit than what we are used to from other parties and get even more support. Time will tell.

As for your two option ballot, have a guess where most votes would go in a two option referendum right now? I'll give you a wee hint, it's not for independence. The 54% constituency votes against the SNP and the 53% against the SNP in the regional will show that the people of Scotland do not want separation at this moment in time.

Gordon EF has your number here anyway, but I thought I'd add my own thoughts on this pile of nonsense.

1) The SNP is not the only party in favour of independence. The Greens, Margo MacDonald and any number of other small groups such as the SSP and Solidarity are also in favour.

2) People's voting intentions in a parliamentary election do not necessarily reflect their views on independence. A number of posters on this site voted for the SNP without favouring independence. There are probably also some Labour, Conservative and Lib Dem voters who would favour independence, but chose to vote for one of the Unionist parties because of their policies in other areas. There is also the possibility that there are people who would vote for independence, but do not feel strongly enough about any political party to go out and vote in the Holyrood elections.

Alex Salmond would be doing P&B a favour if he got this referendum thing over with quickly. dry.gif

And break an manifesto commitment? After the song and dance people made about the ones he didn't keep?

And break an manifesto commitment? After the song and dance people made about the ones he didn't keep?

He's a politician and a Jambo. A bit of jiggery pokery is normal.

Gordon EF has your number here anyway, but I thought I'd add my own thoughts on this pile of nonsense.

1) The SNP is not the only party in favour of independence. The Greens, Margo MacDonald and any number of other small groups such as the SSP and Solidarity are also in favour.

Right. So lets add the "Others" votes in the constitutional vote to the SNP votes. That's gets the "separatists up to 924,435.

Lets take away "Others" votes away from non seperatists. That leaves the status quo guys with 1,064,827.

In my book, 1,064,827 votes will always beat 924,435 votes.

Lets have a look at the regional votes.

SNP plus the "Others" total 1,118,053.

Status quo votes is 1,114,630 minus the "Others" votes of 241,362 = 873,268.

Fair enough if every single "other" voter is anti union, but why didn't they vote SNP to get their point across? That's the puzzle.

Throw into the mix at a referendum 3 or 4 options, will the separatists manage the 40% yes to independence? I doubt it very much. The halfway house of a federalist UK is the nearest we'll ever see to independence, unless we see another Maggie Thatcher.

The figures don't lie, and we certainly shouldn't let euphoria get us all over excited about dwindling oil supplies.

Right. So lets add the "Others" votes in the constitutional vote to the SNP votes. That's gets the "separatists up to 924,435.

Lets take away "Others" votes away from non seperatists. That leaves the status quo guys with 1,064,827.

In my book, 1,064,827 votes will always beat 924,435 votes.

Lets have a look at the regional votes.

SNP plus the "Others" total 1,118,053.

Status quo votes is 1,114,630 minus the "Others" votes of 241,362 = 873,268.

Fair enough if every single "other" voter is anti union, but why didn't they vote SNP to get their point across? That's the puzzle.

Throw into the mix at a referendum 3 or 4 options, will the separatists manage the 40% yes to independence? I doubt it very much. The halfway house of a federalist UK is the nearest we'll ever see to independence, unless we see another Maggie Thatcher.

The figures don't lie, and we certainly shouldn't let euphoria get us all over excited about dwindling oil supplies.

Maybe they don't agree with some of their domestic policies. The SNP do have more than Scottish independence as policies

I voted SNP on both but as of now I would vote against independence.

Full house!!!

It's incredible. A minute ago he was accusing nationalists of being greedy and not wanting to share Scotland's wealth (obviously meaning oil). Now he's saying our oil revenues would be nothing to get excited about.

Make your mind up Tryfield you big retard.

Make your mind up Tryfield you big retard.

FFS, I watched you posting for 5 minutes expecting a challenging post about the figures I posted, and all we get is more drivel. O' Dear.

FFS, I watched you posting for 5 minutes expecting a challenging post about the figures I posted, and all we get is more drivel. O' Dear.

The figures you posted are utterly irrelevant because, as I pointed out to you earlier, no election is a referendum on any one issue. Now, you shouldn't really need that spelled out for you on a football website but I suggest you read more carefully next time. You might learn something.

Posting for 5 minutes was I?

Try looking at the time of the post I made and the post I quoted next time you want to look smart.

Archived