May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naw, going to Ingleston. Saying that, doing hee haw till 6.00ish ;)

There's only 2 classes in the UK these days, working and non-working.

Sadly, by the time I pick up the wean from nursery, get home and get my tea it will be considerably later than that by the time I get there. You counting the votes at Ingliston?

Sadly, by the time I pick up the wean from nursery, get home and get my tea it will be considerably later than that by the time I get there. You counting the votes at Ingliston?

Yeah, first count for the party. Half shitting myself, half excited. Was hoping East Lothian was going to be at the count :P

Apparently Iain Gray did a final 'walkabout' in Edinburgh's Grassmarket yesterday. The sketch in the Times is brutal reading - he started his walkabout (in an area where you'd be hard pushed to find a few dozen voters, it's a tourist hot spot) outside the 'Last Drop' pub before meandering past Edinburgh's oldest joke shop. The paps were loving it - "Iain can you just pause in front of that six foot high sign that says Joke? Cheers mate!"

He is awful, as are the Labour Party in Scotland.

r3539572016.jpg?x=400&y=276&q=85&sig=D__Z6CHic0KYvgHJq5RAjw--

It's like the bit out of 'The Thick Of It' when Nicola Murray gets caught under the 'I Am Bent' slogan at the by-election rally. You don't need to find arguments against Scottish Labour, they just supply the ammo for you.

Since there is another thread (the exit poll) with a newer poll, this one might fall by the wayside.

Surely all the results chat will be on this one.

Unless there is going to be another thread for the results.

I've just voted and the place was absolutely dead. I spoke to the two girls giving out the ballot papers and they said it had been quiet since 8am.

I must be getting old though but last time I remember filling out these horrifically large sheets of paper were we not supposed to put a 1, 2, 3 etc rather than an x?

I've just voted and the place was absolutely dead. I spoke to the two girls giving out the ballot papers and they said it had been quiet since 8am.

I must be getting old though but last time I remember filling out these horrifically large sheets of paper were we not supposed to put a 1, 2, 3 etc rather than an x?

European Parliament?

No.

Thanks Gordon....

Turns out we did have a sheet that used the single transferable voting system but that was for the local council election which was held on the same day

European Parliament?

Uh no, European Parliamentary elections use the D'Hondt. Which is a single cross.

You are thinking of the Local Council elections which take place under STV.

Uh no, European Parliamentary elections use the D'Hondt. Which is a single cross.

You are thinking of the Local Council elections which take place under STV.

Ah. Thanks.

I'd hope so, I don't start threads very often, so I like to see them prosper! :ph34r:

Same... I managed to start the 2010 GE thread 8) All result discussion should be in here. This is the pre and post match thread if you will.

Actually, I think you'll find that I mentioned that I was aware that some Unionists voted SNP, yesterday.

Must admit I'm totally undecided on the whole independence issue but will vote SNP because I believe they'll do the better job of running the nation. If I don't want independence, I can say no to any referendum. No doubt more folk will think the same this time around after a good term in office and there's not the same level of scaremongering that went on last time from Labour and their tabloid friends.

Archived