May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

By the same token, he's

dismissed other identities (European - tosh, doesn't exist, Scottish - chippy

and parochial) that don't match his

own. He's got more than enough

previous on this.

No, no. I've dismissed YOU

as chippy and parochial. Not Scots- I

am one, am proud of it and don't

need to look for the constant slights

you see everywhere. But Ill give you

your comments re European identity. I don't believe it exists outside the minds of tenured academics and iconoclasts.

Iceland don't "hate" us, where did you get that idea? However, they do seem to think that we hate them, as I said previously, their end of year satirical round up had two mentions of "I hate Iceland", both that youtube video doing the rounds, and a big kilt wearing Scotsman smacking an Icelandic fisherman about. Of course, with you being a passionate Unionist, I wouldn't expect you to have any comprehension over what goes on outside the borders of royal britannia.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, struggling to post on a mobile. But am I to understand that you are speaking on behalf of the Icelandic nation on the basis of a couple of YouTube clips, and some conversations in Rekjavic over new year?

Sorry, struggling to post on a mobile. But am I to understand that you are speaking on behalf of the Icelandic nation on the basis of a couple of YouTube clips, and some conversations in Rekjavic over new year?

Don't be ridiculous.

You are forgetting the conclusive evidence of... a satirical news show.

Presumably anything said on "Have I Got News For You" now constitutes the mood of a nation! Hope Paul Merton's been told...

Yep. Never mind the fact that before Xbl visited, no one with a British identity had ever even SPOKEN to Juhnny Icelander. It's getting beyond funny now. This one eyed dogmatism from Xbl would be offensive were it not so smug and intellectually bankrupt.

Yep. Never mind the fact that before Xbl visited, no one with a British identity had ever even SPOKEN to Juhnny Icelander. It's getting beyond funny now. This one eyed dogmatism from Xbl would be offensive were it not so smug and intellectually bankrupt.

As a Unionist don't pretend you know where Iceland is.

You didn't even know it was a country until informed on this thread.

Shhhh. Keep it down. I'm on a train just going into Newcastle, and it's packed with English baseb Scots. The mere hint that were having this conversation may just inflame the anti Icelandic contingent. Who knows what might happen. :(

There was a guy in my street with a Fair Isle jumper attacked the other week by an angry mob.

I used to go to Iceland, the shop, for some cheap cans of cola, but in view of the hate mobs prowling, I just won't run the risk of being seen with one of the carrier bags.

You can't be too careful.

So now do we have Unionist pretending to know Iceland exists and Nationalists post arc of prosperity pretending it doesn't exist?

Maybe if their big volcano goes wooft! then it really won't exist.

I hope it does then we can have all their fish.

what happened to our cricket discussion?

:angry:

*wanders off grumbling*

I know. Absolute disgrace that these cretins are talking about politics.

Q. What do you call a world class Australian cricketer?

A. Retired.

What do you call a Scot who doesn't prostrate himself in front of the English cricket team?

Chippy!

Q. What do you call a successful Scot?

A. An emigrant

Q. What do you call a successful person in Scotland?

A. An immigrant

The correct answer is of course, a free thinking champion of the new European order. Sheesh

Can the English team not come out to "Ode to Joy" then the Scottish, non-British, Europeans can support them too?

Or do they need to wield golf clubs and carry European lottery tickets?

Yeah, mock if you will, but when he stands in Holyrood, clad all in black with a saltire armband and his long tres emeed hair wafting in the air conditioning, just remember, first he came for the expats, and I did nothing...

Archived