Driving test

Danib24

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

failed my first time with 0 minors and 1 major. apparently too far back on the reverse parallel park, past 2nd time with 4 minors.

then lost licence under new drivers act for speeding

then repassed 1st time 4 minors . they key to it is put your rear view mirror slightly out so you HAVE to look at it.

and your first wee daft mistake you think you have made, think you have failed. once you assume you've failed you drive better as the stress is gone

oh and i have never had an accident or written off a car, yet know people who pass 1st time who have done both and worse.

your test is all about a set of circumstances on that day. some people get an easy ride and are left unprepared for real life, yet others get a once in a life time incident and have to deal with it. it happens

I haven't had my test yet. Going to do it in the summer. Had a few lessons and when I'm back up the road I'll have a few more. I'm not too bad at the driving lark - can't do hill starts particularly well but everything else is a-ok.

Considering doing my theory before Christmas time.

failed my first time with 0 minors and 1 major. apparently too far back on the reverse parallel park, past 2nd time with 4 minors.

then lost licence under new drivers act for speeding

then repassed 1st time 4 minors . they key to it is put your rear view mirror slightly out so you HAVE to look at it.

and your first wee daft mistake you think you have made, think you have failed. once you assume you've failed you drive better as the stress is gone

oh and i have never had an accident or written off a car, yet know people who pass 1st time who have done both and worse.

your test is all about a set of circumstances on that day. some people get an easy ride and are left unprepared for real life, yet others get a once in a life time incident and have to deal with it. it happens

Further elaboration on this point? :unsure:

1st test, taken when I was 18: 3 majors, 5 minors. No complaints. Test went well for the 1st 15 minutes, made a hash of things and never really recovered after that.

Gave up learning to drive after that for a couple of years, it was that horrendous an attempt.

2nd test, taken shortly before my: 2 majors, 8 minors. Both majors were at roundabouts, both were pretty much to do with lane discipline and the woman taking the test said it was a shame because apart from that I'd done fine.

Worked hard in next 3 lessons on getting my lane discipline/general confidence and handling of roundabouts sorted.

3rd test: 0 majors, 4 minors. Made a slight hash of my reverse park (something I'd been perfect at on every lesson/previous test) but beyond that my driving was spot on.

Further elaboration on this point? unsure.gif

I imagine he got done twice in the first year or couple of years or driving, leading to a ban, think you only get 6 points.

I may be well off the mark and gabbering shite, it's been known.

This thread has been a real eye opener. I always knew there were a lot of crap drivers on the road but I didn't realise they were all oblivious to the danger they pose to other road users. In the last few post we've had a driver who thinks he shouldn't have been failed just because he nearly caused an accident and another (a woman?) who thinks she only has to be a safe driver on the roads she knows.

I bet you never passed on your first attempt. :lol:

Passed first time with only one minor.

The following week I collided with a car in the inside lane of a roundabout. Fortunately, it didn't do horrific damage to his car as his 4x4, although my clio took a bit of damage on the front right body.

Nothing ever since mind.

I imagine he got done twice in the first year or couple of years or driving, leading to a ban, think you only get 6 points.

I may be well off the mark and gabbering shite, it's been known.

Nah, you don't get a ban. 6 years within 2 years your licence is withdrawn by the DVLA and your back to learner/provisional licence. Pass another test the next day you'll still have 6 points but can drive (on your own) again.

My driving test was done in rapid time, cut short due to a road closure and diversion was much quicker. At least he didn't catch me speeding downhill at Lonend, probably as everyone including the local bus was piling past me!

I passed 2nd time and know plenty of people who passed first time who I would never get in the car with again.

First time, I nearly hit a van that was parked about 5 yards into a blind junction and then apparently I was speeding on one of the country roads but at that point I knew I'd failed. 2nd test was a breeze, 2 minors and the route I got was supposed to be one of the hardest. The Hamilton test centre has a horrific pass rate.

One of my mates got something ridiculous like 6 majors in his 2nd test. Poor poor effort.

I had all my lessons in the dark winter nights, and when it came to my test, everything seemed to go much more slowly in the daylight.

Way too long ago to remember how many minors though.

Further elaboration on this point? unsure.gif

umm 1 time caught speeding on the A9 at Daviot. over 90mph

got the full 6 whack in one (d/q under NDA.)

guy going faster than me got only 4 points. i think it was age discrimination as i was only 20 at the time and the guy was in his forties (we were heard on the same day) .

and my pimped up driving machine ... a 1.3 austin Maestro.. such a boy racer.

1st test: 14 minors and 1 major. Major was for coming off a slip road after someone had pulled out to the outside lane to let me out and accelerating instead of holding my speed and letting him back in. Harsh, I thought, but I'm glad I failed as it made me a better driver in the long run.

2nd test: 7 minors, passed. Examiner had a big rant at me for my speed yet still passed me, strange guy. Was speaking to a boy at work who passed a couple of weeks with him as well, and said that he had a rant at him too.

Archived