Driving test

Danib24

Hey there. Just heading out for my 2nd driving test and wondering how everyone got on with their own. Hopefully end up with some classics as I'm after a laugh to relax me a wee bit

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there. Just heading out for my 2nd driving test and wondering how everyone got on with their own. Hopefully end up with some classics as I'm after a laugh to relax me a wee bit

Anyone that needs more than one attempt to pass a driving test doesn't deserve a licence IMO.

I don't think it's that bad to fail - after all they say that the examiners don't like to pass too many each month (I think 67% pass rates were quoted a few years back).

The people who shouldn't be allowed a license are those who wait until they are 50 - then decide that they want to drive ! (and tell everyone they are scared of motorways, driving at night, parking, buying petrol, having the radio on....)

The people who shouldn't be allowed a license are those who wait until they are 50 - then decide that they want to drive ! (and tell everyone they are scared of motorways, driving at night, parking, buying petrol, having the radio on....)

Also known as women.

The National Pass rate is roughly 45%. Are you saying that the 55% that fail that test should never be allowed near a car again?

He's been guilty of this authoritarian claptrap before. I wouldn't take him seriously if I were you.

I don't think it's that bad to fail - after all they say that the examiners don't like to pass too many each month (I think 67% pass rates were quoted a few years back).

People that fail always say that. <_<

The National Pass rate is roughly 45%. Are you saying that the 55% that fail that test should never be allowed near a car again?

No. I'm quite happy for them to be passengers, valeters, etc. ;)

He's been guilty of this authoritarian claptrap before. I wouldn't take him seriously if I were you.

How many times did / have you failed ad lib? This has nothing to do with being an authoritarian and everything to do with safety. Failures such as your self lack the motor skills, react poorly under pressure, are ill prepared or have no perception of potential hazards. People like you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near 1-2 tons of metal traveling at 70 mph as much for your own safety as for the safety of others.

I failed my first test about 3 minutes into it. The examiner had to use her brakes after some terrible driving from myself. The test continued and I done pretty well and I was hoping she might have let me off but she was an old hag and told me I'd failed. Passed the second one no problem, I found it much easier as it been through it all and also the guy I got for the second test made me feel much more relaxed than that boot did.

My driving instructor put across a good point the first time I got in the car and I can see where he was coming from now. He said "I'll teach you how to pass your test, after your test, you'll learn how to drive" which is true in my view.

I passed 2nd time around but drove worse imo. First time I sat my test there was a bombscare in Stirling town centre (The Big Chair possibly tongue.gif) so I was taken to roads that I had never been on before.

Hope it all goes well for you. smile.gif

This thread has been a real eye opener. I always knew there were a lot of crap drivers on the road but I didn't realise they were all oblivious to the danger they pose to other road users. In the last few post we've had a driver who thinks he shouldn't have been failed just because he nearly caused an accident and another (a woman?) who thinks she only has to be a safe driver on the roads she knows.

Fails again  a bus suddenly decided to pull out in front of me causing me to brake harshly. Since I didn't check my mirrors in that split second it was a serious fault. I'm not a happy bunny

This thread has been a real eye opener. I always knew there were a lot of crap drivers on the road but I didn't realise they were all oblivious to

the danger they pose to other road users. In the last few post we've had a driver who thinks he shouldn't have been failed just because he nearly caused an accident and another (a woman?) who thinks she only has to

be a safe driver on the roads she knows.

Seriously I know you get a kick out of being all controversial and getting reactions since you don't actually have a life but do it in a thread I don't give a f**k about ok?

And yes this reaction is because I failed and yes I am raging and yes I am wiping away the tears so away wi you!

Nibble nibble

That doesn't sound like a fail (despite what TBC will say) In my test I passed a group of old woman decided

to cross the road while the lights were green huh.gif causing me to have to break quite harshly, Basically an emergency stop withouth chekcing my mirrors

and I didn't even get a minor for it.

I know that's the reason I'm not happy! Got to wait about a month to get another test aswell

I passed my third test with two minors, in my first test I was really nervous and the examiner was an old b*****d who said nothing but directions which didnt help me. Second test I got a really nice guy who I spoke to about holidays in Florida which put me at ease but I still failed for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. <_<

In my final test I got the same guy from my second and passed easily. :D

Seriously I know you get a kick out of being all controversial and getting reactions since you don't actually have a life but do it in a thread I don't give a f**k about ok?

And yes this reaction is because I failed and yes I am raging and yes I am wiping away the tears so away wi you!

Nibble nibble

Grow up. Your actions while you are in control of a car can have serious consequences. You haven't been failed for not checking your mirrior, you've been failed for being a danger to other road users. Just like Mr Turnbridge I had an unscheduled emergency stop. Like Mr Turnbridge I also failed to check my mirrors before braking and I don't believe you've failed for that. I think you've been failed for either pulling away without checking your mirrors, an accumulation of minors or for not noticing that a 13m long object might be in your way quickly enough.

Fails again  a bus suddenly decided to pull out in front of me causing me to brake harshly. Since I didn't check my mirrors in that split second it was a serious fault. I'm not a happy bunny

I feel bad that you failed. Away and have blast on one of those arcade driving games - should cheer you up to ram a few cars etc.

Bad luck, sounds like a harsh one there. Hope you get through next time.

It took me four goes to get through, but I have been driving happily for three years since without incident. Keep at it, you'll get through, even although I can well remember what a disappointment it is not to pass.

Archived