Longest serving player at your club

Chee Force

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Valerio was at Largs Thistle for 13/4 years it is believed, slightly before my time but I think he may have been away short-term occasionally, maybe for work reasons. James Marks was with us for 6 years until he left for Ladeside in June.

Paul Mullin spent around 12 years at Kilwinning before joining us last year. He thanked the Kilwinning fans for their respect when he left by their messageboard.

John Craig at Beith, into his 11th year and he's 31 if I remember right. Top scorer at the club for half those seasons including last one which he also topped the assists chart, he's floated between midfield and striker numerous times over the years.

Vale of Leven captain Alex Lacy is in his 16th season at Millburn with 439 appearances, just 19 short of the club record held by former junior internationalist John McCourt.

Striker Hugh Ward is in his 12th season looking for the 3 goals that would see him equal the record held by John Filshie, the father of current Vale midfielder Alan.

Vale of Leven captain Alex Lacy is in his 16th season at Millburn with 439 appearances, just 19 short of the club record held by former junior internationalist John McCourt.

Striker Hugh Ward is in his 12th season looking for the 3 goals that would see him equal the record held by John Filshie, the father of current Vale midfielder Alan.

Do both guys still play regularly?

how many goals is that also mate?

Atm ours is steven narey. He joined the club in 2003. Not sure if he is the longest serving player tho as im not to hot on the long term history of the club. I will however look into this at some point

Davie Westwood was the established goalkeeper at Hill of Beath from 1980/81 &, i believe, played his last competitive game for the Haws in 2003/04. Was a member of the magnificent legendary Haws team that won the Scottish Cup in 1990. Now the goalkeeping coach at East Fife/Dunfermline (youth keepers) having been a coach at Cowdenbeath before then.

Deserved to have achieved more recognition & honours in the Game.

Davie Westwood was the established goalkeeper at Hill of Beath from 1980/81 &, i believe, played his last competitive game for the Haws in 2003/04. Was a member of the magnificent legendary Haws team that won the Scottish Cup in 1990. Now the goalkeeping coach at East Fife/Dunfermline (youth keepers) having been a coach at Cowdenbeath before then.

Deserved to have achieved more recognition & honours in the Game.

Don't tell me they hold both records the haws

Archived