The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

What is the best source for gig news? I trawl various sites for news of gigs but its often a real chore as I've yet to find a site that is nice and easy to search or navigate when it comes to this sort of information.

Anyway, anyone hearing going to see Earthtone9 on the 19th of May? I've been waiting about 9 years to see these guys live so I really hope its a fantastic performance.

What is the best source for gig news? I trawl various sites for news of gigs but its often a real chore as I've yet to find a site that is nice and easy to search or navigate when it comes to this sort of information.

I use Twitter mate. Either by following the bands that I like or RockNewsDesk or Gettothefront. Also get a lot of info from the Download Festival forums in the music section, they're usually up to scratch this tour news.

If it's not this forum then I use facebook, mostly.

o2 Academy

o2 ABC

Triple G

Gigs In Scotland

If I think of anymore I'll add them, that's the four main ones that I can think of though. I might also have ticket scotland and/or ticketmaster.

Also get a lot of info from the Download Festival forums in the music section, they're usually up to scratch this tour news.

Yeah I check that section every day, up to scratch like you say and some people usually get their hands on some useful pre sale links too!!

Cracking tune.

Can't be arsed looking back through the thread, has anyone heard the Times of Grace album? I got it a few months ago and it's a great debut IMO.

Not yet but it's been highly recommended to me. I've been looking for a torrent so I can give it a listen but haven't found one as yet. I'll probably just buy it at some point anyway.

My favourite KSE album is Alive or Just Breathing by quite some distance so I am probably slightly biased but I think Hymn of a Broken Man is excellent.

Just heard the new Limp Bizkit song and I like it :ph34r:

Ha, same for me. You heard the extended version of Alive or Just Breathing? It's got some cracking re-recorded songs on it, the Howard Jones version of Fixation on the Darkness is spine-tingling.

Funnily enough I just listened to Eat You Alive from Limp Bizkit yesterday for the first time in ages. Memories of my teens. :D