The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Where the hell did you order your tickets from? I got my tickets for the AECC date months ago.

Ticketmaster through the o2 Blueroom presale! Was thinking of doing the AECC gig too but can't afford travel and digs :(

Anyone know anything about Blaze Bayley's tour of the UK this year, think Aberdeen tickets for The Moorings show have sold out but can't find anything despite it being advertised on his page - would go to Glasgow show maybe but I'm seeing Duran Duran (erk!), going to Sonisphere Bulgaria and High Voltage so need to think a bit about what I else I can afford.

The face value for Glasgow tickets seem to be nine pounds but they are reselling them for 64 :o

Edited by Sunrise

Anyone know anything about Blaze Bayley's tour of the UK this year, think Aberdeen tickets for The Moorings show have sold out but can't find anything despite it being advertised on his page - would go to Glasgow show maybe but I'm seeing Duran Duran (erk!), going to Sonisphere Bulgaria and High Voltage so need to think a bit about what I else I can afford.

The face value for Glasgow tickets seem to be nine pounds but they are reselling them for 64 :o

Glasgow tickets are still on sale

http://www.seeticket...ur/BLAZE-BAYLEY

edit to add:

On The Moorings website (very very well done might i add) the gig is advertised as 28th May 8pm £7

You should give them a phone 01224 587 602

Edited by Mik

looks like one of my mates can't make the Iron Maiden gig.......

anyone want to buy ONE standing ticket for Iron Maiden? Face value....tickets in hand ^obviously

Edited by Mik

While I was sorting my music on my computer I found this song. Turns out Spineshank are still on the go. I find it quite surprising the number of the "nu-metal" bands that are still on the go.

Another band I was surprised to see are still on the go are Trustcompany...

Saw them support Korn back in 2002 at the SECC. One of my mates seemed to love them for some reason. Downfall was a catchy song but I found their album it was from rather bland.

I mind when heavy metal practially defined my life. I still love metal & all but it really does seem like a genre of music stuck in a horrid rut right now. Almost everything is deriviative, which is disheartening to say the least.

Still like a fair bit of black metal, one of the few sub-genre in metal where actual innovation is going on, thanks to bands like Deathspell Omega, Cobalt & Wolves In The Throne Room. First gig I was at in months was at Ivory Blacks a couple weeks ago, Watain & Shining. Watain were a bit boring, the venue smelt horribly of a mix of disinfectant & sheeps blood to the point that the bar staff went on revolt, but Shining were fantastic, best band I've seen since the Manic Street Preachers at the Cathouse last year.

Still like a fair bit of black metal, one of the few sub-genre in metal where actual innovation is going on, thanks to bands like Deathspell Omega, Cobalt & Wolves In The Throne Room. First gig I was at in months was at Ivory Blacks a couple weeks ago, Watain & Shining. Watain were a bit boring, the venue smelt horribly of a mix of disinfectant & sheeps blood to the point that the bar staff went on revolt, but Shining were fantastic, best band I've seen since the Manic Street Preachers at the Cathouse last year.

Some good bands mentioned. I used to avoid the American scene but Wolves In The Throne are incredible and consistantly release excellent material. Cobalt I havn't heard a great deal of but I have the Gin album which is pretty good and the opening track (Maybe also called Gin?) is awesome. Shining are a band I can't make my mind up on because despite some phenomenal stuff (Halmstad album in particular) some content/lyrics are pretty cringeworthy.

I never understood the hype around Watain. Their theatrics probably distract from their pretty average music.

Anyone know whats happening with the Volbeat UK tour which was cancelled in December? They said they would reschedule it but Ive not heard anything :huh:

Fucking great band

I had tickets for Newcastle and Glasgow to see them. I asked on the Volbeat forums a few weeks back what was happening and Thomas (the bass player) said that they def will be working something out and coming back, but they don't know when yet. I think they are already booked up for the rest of the year, so may be next year before we see them.

:(

I had tickets for Newcastle and Glasgow to see them. I asked on the Volbeat forums a few weeks back what was happening and Thomas (the bass player) said that they def will be working something out and coming back, but they don't know when yet. I think they are already booked up for the rest of the year, so may be next year before we see them.

:(

Next year?

Damn, I wish I was going to Sonisphere now :(

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :D