The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Unfortunately the chance of them playing it is pretty unlikely. For each leg of a tour they tend to have a certain number of songs rehearsed for the set and don't deviate from it. I didn't look at the setlist so as not to spoil anu surprises. One question though, are they doing any other Blaze era songs? I mind them doing Lord Of The Flies on the Dance Of Death tour. Sign Of The Cross would be amazing.

Haven't played any of Bayley's stuff in over five years, used to do Man on the Edge and Lord of the Flies (or wiki says so), means we won't get any Futureal (along with Afraid to Shoot Strangers their best 90's track) :( .

Clansman was one of the first Maiden songs I heard (cousin had it on his Limewire) and got me into them, Bayley's really powerful singing voice made it so strong for me :) .

Judas Priest - 19th July - Glasgow SECC

:D :D :D

That just made my day....shame about the SECC but Priest couldn't really play anywhere else with the size of their stage show.

Already bought my tickets for them in London feck sake! Suppose means I get a weekend down there though.

aaanyway....

Korn Presale

edit: Link seems to be down.....bare with me...

Edit2: Working Link Click

I got my ticket today through the O2 Blueroom site (which is basically an indirect way of getting to your link!).

Over £32 for a ticket when you take into account the fees and P&P but it should be a good night. Only been to the Academy once before and that was to see KSE and In Flames.

For Mik's link, do you need to have an O2 sim/phone, or do they not care?

I don't have enough money in my bank just now anyway.

I just bought one. Never asked for any proof you're an O2 customer.

For Mik's link, do you need to have an O2 sim/phone, or do they not care?

I don't have enough money in my bank just now anyway.

No you don't need an O2 sim/phone to buy from that link. I've done it countless times in the past.

Can't remember the last time I bought a gig ticket that wasn't a presale :lol:

Album of the week for me has been The Murder of Jesus the Jew by The Meads of Asphodel.

An album was so many quality moments. The song I've linked has some utterly amazing moments in it. The bit between 4:20 and 5:20 is just asking to be sung along to :lol: and I just love the line "I'll be high in heaven, stoned in hell".

Its an album that a lot of work has gone into. Both in terms of the music and the concept/ideas behind it. Metatron from the band had written what amounts to basically a 60,000 word essay on the album - http://www.themeadsofasphodel.com/?q=metatrons-codex

Not metal but don't know where else to pit it.....Heard whispers that Alter Bridge will return to the UK in December, possibly part of Taste of Chaos....watch this space....

Yet again Velvet Revolver gets put on hold then...

Just Myles on this record isn't it?

Not a fan of VR, seen them at Download in '07 though and they were decent.

And aye, I'm pretty sure its just with Myles for this one.

Hearing rumours of a slash tour in summer too. Edit: likely Aug/Sept

Edited by Mik