The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

12 hours ago, George Parr said:

Not really my bag but enough on the rest of the bill to keep me happy. 
Bossk playing Audio Noir in full at the pre-show is a sensational booking as well.

Bossk are one I will absolutely not miss.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2023 at 22:14, superwell87 said:

The new Metallica album is gearing up to be an absolute belter. 

I was at the cinema playback in Dunfermline and I liked a lot of what I heard. The yellow vinyl arrived by post the day later. Now I just need an hour or 2 to myself to settle down with it when wife and kids aren't driving me nuts.. that's looking like Friday. 

3.5 / 5

Too long, lots of midpaced songs that don't really do anything, too little variation and too long (again). Sounds great though, James' voice is rougher but it suits the material and there are a couple of cracking songs on there of which the best are the most heavily NWOBHM influenced ones.

If only they could trim the fat from their albums (in individual songs and in the number of songs). Might mean we get new material sooner than every 6 or 7 years too.

It goes harder than Hardwired but the songs don't seem quite as memorable. As others have noted there's a glaring need for more self-editing and the entire album would benefit from bring around 25 mins shorter. 

More positively there's 3 or 4 killer tunes on there that can easily be lifted and dropped into their live set(s). Really looking forward to seeing them next year.

On 30/03/2023 at 22:14, superwell87 said:

The new Metallica album is gearing up to be an absolute belter. 

I like it. On first listens. It is what it does it says on the record cover. The Ronseal of rock.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In the car, got a Stone Sour compilation on loop. What a fcuking band. 😎

I mind seeing them at the barrowlands in 2003 and Christ I feel old rn :lol:

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I mind seeing them at the barrowlands in 2003 and Christ I feel old rn :lol:

I never liked, and still don’t like, Slipknot, but I stumbled across the Stone Sour track ‘Bother’ many years ago, and got into them big time. Got the Corey Taylor solo stuff too. Metal - but with choons… IMHO. Last time I saw them was at the Hydro with the Pretty Reckless supporting. Two headliners for the price of one. Went to the Barrowlands not so long ago to see the Pretty Reckless headline. Taylor Momsen is one of the best frontmen/woman/person!, I’ve ever seen live. Up there with Freddie Mercury, Michael Stipe of REM, and Michael Hutchence of Inxs… three of the best I’ve seen live.

Edited by pozbaird

• 2 weeks later...