The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I was at both of these but have to disagree. I was up in the gods at the Hydro but thought the sound was excellent. Yeah it was a bit bass heavy for the opening Hardwired, but their sound team seemed to have it sorted about 30 seconds into Atlas Rise. The remainder of the gig I thought the sound was excellent.

As for SECC 2009, I thought the sound was absolutely atrocious. Those tin box halls were always hit or miss with metal bands though. For every great sounding gig I’ve seen at the SECC there’s been an awful one.

With both these venues the sound is a lottery at times and it depends where you are. I was on the upper tier right hand side facing the stage at the Hydro and the sound was all over the place for the first 3 songs. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Is the indeterminable squiggle in the bottom right Ashenspire? Quality booking if so. Think I’ll go this year.

Yes, it's Ashenspire. Another one I am looking forward to.

Inevitable news for those of us who have held tickets for Ozzy/Judas Priest for the last 3(?) years. 

Ozzy Osbourne cancels all tour dates, saying he is 'too weak' to perform - BBC News

Knew this was coming but at least if you like Priest as I do then at least they are released from Sharon's vice like legal grip and they will get the chance to do their own tour.

On 27/01/2023 at 11:37, Comrie said:

Downfall of Gaia, Heriot and Amenra! Hyped.

image.thumb.png.8082e02891c7a002984d921c0316c026.png

Night of Salvation is looking good too. 15 bands, and 3 stages a black metal staged curated by Cult Never Dies and another stage hosted by Church Road Records and then what I'm assuming will be the main stage.

329030474_872275284026633_47325837145254

I remember going to A Night of Salvation in 2015 and it was a tiny affair at Boom in Leeds. Quite amazing to see it evolve into this.

On 03/02/2023 at 19:43, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No Mick, remember.

It is a shame that Mick seems to be taking a back seat from live performances. You can't blame him though when you see the numbers he's getting on things like Spotify with his Kordhell project.

Their live show with Sigh on London towards the end of last year got a lot of praise from what I can see and Sam Loynes seems like a safe pair of hands.

41 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's been doing that for years though. I remember seeing them in Glasgow years ago (Candlefest maybe?) and he was absent then too.

That was a great night that! First time I ever saw Winterfylleth and they blew me away.

Lords of the Land 2019 at SWG3? That was a great day out. I was more into the first half of the day then the bands that played later - Winterfylleth, Akercocke, Anaal Nathrakh, Rotting Christ, Belphegor, Black Dahlia Murder was a great run of bands for me.

Sadly seems like LOTL was a victim of the pandemic. There was a 2020 edition in the works and it was looking promising with My Dying Bride and Voices. Shame there is no sign of it being revived.

Edited by NorthernLights

No, not that LOTL. I have never been to the SWG3, that's how I know. It was before Saor, when Falloch had just released their debut, so that will date it.

I did go to a couple at the Barras with Carcass, Autopsy, Mayhem, Primordial, Marduk, Obituary and loads more I've probably forgotten. They were superb.

On 03/02/2023 at 19:12, NorthernLights said:

Anaal Nathrakh playing Damnation and it's their only UK date for this year. For me that alone is enough to justify a ticket.

This development was enough to tip me over the edge and convince me to get a ticket. Fucking Nathrakh, ya beuaty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.facebook.com/corethefestival/posts/pfbid02w89cnYBYYBUSG8YQZTmfkfFsksYvPbtQZYQa8AATWkLjXoNNCd8DWfHTKCktJi2Ml

Interested to see what their line up will look like. Its the same weekend as ATG down south so I'd expect a few bands from that line up playing this one too, Deafheaven have already posted tour dates a week or two ago that had Core mentioned.