The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Have come back from Damnation with two scraped knees, a badly bruises left arm and a back that's killing me along with new Bossk and Svalbard shirts.

Year of No Light, Bossk, Party Cannon, Abduction and Godflesh ruled.

I think by the time Carcass rocked onto stage I was starting to wane enjoyed it, but couldn't summon up the energy to totally get into their set.

• 3 weeks later...

Machine Head are the band I've seen more than any other, and were the first real band at an actual gig that I ever saw live (supporting Megadeth on the Youthanasia tour), but I haven't listened to a single minute of their last 2 albums.

I will be all over those Scottish dates though!

Haven't tuned into anything from MH since Locust but I had been surprised to learn they weren't visiting Scotland as part of the upcoming arena tour.

To go and announce a bespoke, special run of wee venues for us is very, very cool of them and just the tonic to reignite my interest.

Those dates look amazing.

I actually was at a Machine Head gig at the Barras that fateful, foul night in 1997 when Falkirk beat Celtic in the SC semi replay. Bought tickets long before the semi of course, so had to choose. Thought we'd get pumped haha! No mobile phones in those days so myself and my two companions were crammed around the wee janny's booth at the entrance, and he had the radio on for us to listen to the last ten minutes. What a jump around when the whistle blew!!

11 hours ago, Al B said:

Machine Head are the band I've seen more than any other, and were the first real band at an actual gig that I ever saw live (supporting Megadeth on the Youthanasia tour), but I haven't listened to a single minute of their last 2 albums.

I will be all over those Scottish dates though!

Same here. My mate and I were chatting on WhatsApp earlier and looking back almost 30 years and we reckoned that other than 2 gigs we’ve seen Machine Head every time they’ve been in Scotland. 

10 hours ago, George Parr said:

Haven't tuned into anything from MH since Locust but I had been surprised to learn they weren't visiting Scotland as part of the upcoming arena tour.

To go and announce a bespoke, special run of wee venues for us is very, very cool of them and just the tonic to reignite my interest.

Bloodstone and Diamonds is an excellent album. Way better than Locust IMO. Catharsis can be roundly ignored. The singles they’ve released since the onset of the pandemic are all pretty damn good.

I saw Machine Head on their first UK tour, supporting Slayer. By "saw", I mean that I caught their cover of Alan's on Fire by Poison Idea at the end of their set - Brixton Academy opened their doors about fifteen minutes before they hit the stage, and most of us were still outside. Considering the buzz about them at the time, they were lucky not to have had a riot on their hands.

YouTube's just informed me that Cynic have a new album out. Listened to this song so far, and I like it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Parkway have released a couple of new songs with an album on the way in Sept.

Suffering f**k though the songs are trash. It's like they're immitating themselves from the last album but making it so much worse. At least their old stuff is still good.

Howdy lads! Wee bit of a plug-time if you don't mind...

As some on the forum might know through the various instrument threads, I'm a musician, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I've had a fair bit of time away from releasing music, but spent most of lockdown turning my loft into a studio, and I'm officially back in the saddle. I've just released a new single called Better Days that you can get on the usual streaming services at this link here - https://sng.to/bastian2 and will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks. Would be amazing if you added me to your playlists on whatever platform you use, if you like what you hear!

As well as that I've also launched my Youtube channel where i'll be uploading a video weekly, music vids, covers, q&a's etc etc. Check out upload 1 below which is a lyric video for Better Days, would massively appreciate all you guitar-based legends taking a look/listen, and doing all the cliche'd like/subscribe/share/comment stuff as it's the algorithm learning who you are and whether you're worth recommending, that really makes a difference!

Lastly, please recommend me to friends/family that you think might like my stuff (even if you don't haha), as I say this is all a massive help and is the best way to support.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy!

Edited by Al B

11 minutes ago, Al B said:

Howdy lads! Wee bit of a plug-time if you don't mind...

As some on the forum might know through the various instrument threads, I'm a musician, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I've had a fair bit of time away from releasing music, but spent most of lockdown turning my loft into a studio, and I'm officially back in the saddle. I've just released a new single called Better Days that you can get on the usual streaming services at this link here - https://sng.to/bastian2 and will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks. Would be amazing if you added me to your playlists on whatever platform you use, if you like what you hear!

As well as that I've also launched my Youtube channel where i'll be uploading a video weekly, music vids, covers, q&a's etc etc. Check out upload 1 below which is a lyric video for Better Days, would massively appreciate all you guitar-based legends taking a look/listen, and doing all the cliche'd like/subscribe/share/comment stuff as it's the algorithm learning who you are and whether you're worth recommending, that really makes a difference!

Lastly, please recommend me to friends/family that you think might like my stuff (even if you don't haha), as I say this is all a massive help and is the best way to support.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Ng4cMzZ1-aY

That was absolutely superb mate. 

In what is totally not a cash grab the two still alive members of Pantera are doing a reunion tour with Zakk Wylde & Charlie Benante along for the ride.

Even funnier when you remember Phil 'white wine' Anselmo isn't even an original member of the band.