The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Cheers. I think from my early 90s glory days that Exhorder and Deicide are the only top acts I've never seen.

Sorry to hear you couldn’t make it.
Not to rub it in but it was, predictably, fucking brilliant. Being in Audio (because of course it got moved from Slay) the drum sound was a bit off, but that wasn’t the band’s fault and otherwise it was flawless.

Anyone have any idea why Kroda were denied work permits for Darkness Guides Us in Glasgow? I've tried having a wee look around for something explaining why but nothing stands out.

I don't think they're a NSBM band, just do some pagan stuff.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Anyone have any idea why Kroda were denied work permits for Darkness Guides Us in Glasgow? I've tried having a wee look around for something explaining why but nothing stands out.

I don't think they're a NSBM band, just do some pagan stuff.

Probably related to the fact several members have been involved with or are involved with several sketchy bands

М8Л8ТХ
Лють
Темнозорь
Protest

Edited by GNU_Linux

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Probably related to the fact several members have been involved with or are involved with several sketchy bands

М8Л8ТХ
Лють
Темнозорь
Protest

Ah, that would make sense. I've never heard of those, but they seemed to keep the more obvious NS stuff out of Kroda's music.

New Machine Head is hilariously bad. Lyrics read like a 14 year old discovering nu metal & the f-word for the 1st time.

Imagine being over 50 & writing such pish.

Thought the same. That track is utter shite and partly a rip off of ‘Die Motherfucker Die’ by shite nu-metal era band Dope.

Been absolutely daft about Machine Head since I was 14 and BME came out. Seen them live about 15 or 16 times or so but Catharsis was dreadful and Phil/Dave leaving was pretty much the end of Machine Head for me.

A few mates are going to see them in Glasgow next month but I decided against it. They’re unlikely to play anything I desperately want to hear or haven’t heard before and should just be packaged as ‘The Rob Flynn Band plays Machine Head’ tour.

In Bergen for the weekend, and was bemoaning the fact that there is literally no evidence of the BM scene existing here at all.
Until yesterday as I was sitting outside a cafe on the Bryggen and Gaahl himself strolled by!
Sadly my gob was too full of kaffe and sommerbolle to say hi.

Seems I’m not alone in my thinking that bits of the new Machine Head track sound a bit like the old Dope track (see my previous post).

It seems lots of folk making the same comparison has really upset Robb Flynn to the point he’s went on quite a rant, including remarks which perma-offended folk will probably construe as homophobic:

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

New Machine Head is hilariously bad. Lyrics read like a 14 year old discovering nu metal & the f-word for the 1st time.

Imagine being over 50 & writing such pish.

That's disappointing it's so poor all round. They have so many great songs like Locusts, is there anybody out there etc.

Glad I chose not to get tickets for that gig. Ive already been to Monster Truck and Volbeat so far this year and have Reel Big Fish, Airbourne and Alter Bridge still to come!