The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I love them both. Big fan of how they unapologetically go into self-parody in response to the persistent ‘just a Blue Oyster Cult rip-off’ internet criticism, and they’re the first songs since the first album which could go on that album and not feel out of place, which is great because it’s still my favourite.

Similarly, people complained there wasn’t enough Satan in Prequelle; here we go, straight in with a wildly over the top chorus about Satan on the next release.

I’d expect to see the Kiss the Go-Goat in the set for the upcoming tour, they launched Square Hammer right in as the opener after Popestar.

Both songs are included in the most recent set of the US tour. 

Can't imagine that set list will significantly change when the Euro tour kicks off.

While I’m a huge Maiden fan, these DL headliners seem to be the same bands being churned out on a cycle every couple of years. Suppose it says a lot about the current crop of up and coming bands who aren’t good enough to headline.

Aye it’s a problem. There’s maybe only 1/2 dozen true headliners out there and maybe double that can fill a night(for example SOAD are probably naturally a sub-headline or 2nd stage headliner IMO) I’ve heard it argued that it’s difficult to become a huge band in the download/streaming era as everyone is able to find an alternative in seconds that they might prefer.

Take it the SOAD booking will see them continue to live off past glories rather than a new record?

Nearly certainly

5 hours ago, IainMorton said:

While I’m a huge Maiden fan, these DL headliners seem to be the same bands being churned out on a cycle every couple of years. Suppose it says a lot about the current crop of up and coming bands who aren’t good enough to headline.

Not just the headliners. I've been to one Download, and that festival featured Korn, Deftones, Maiden, Gojira and Disturbed. That said, I'm still tempted.

4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

James Hetfield back in rehab. Think this could be the end for the band :( 

Had seen whispers and rumours over the past year that Papa Het was back on the peev but wasn't sure what to make of it.

Have to wonder if he thought he could be sensible with it these days but he's found out he can't. 

James Hetfield back in rehab. Think this could be the end for the band [emoji20] 

I hope to f**k not. My wee lassie has been gradually getting right into them and hoped I’d be able to take her to see them before they call it a day.

Had seen whispers and rumours over the past year that Papa Het was back on the peev but wasn't sure what to make of it. Have to wonder if he thought he could be sensible with it these days but he's found out he can't. 

I wonder if it could be the painkillers again as opposed to booze? The reason I say that is that his voice has been great pretty much the entire tour cycle which I wouldn’t expect from someone drinking heavily but I could be wrong. They’re no spring chickens and despite their reduced gigging schedule they’ve basically been touring Hardwired for 3 years now.

15 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If everyone could just have a simply fabby time at Exhorder, that would be just great.
I'll be the one sitting at home weeping gently.

Sorry to hear you couldn’t make it.

Not to rub it in but it was, predictably, fucking brilliant. Being in Audio (because of course it got moved from Slay) the drum sound was a bit off, but that wasn’t the band’s fault and otherwise it was flawless.