The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Slipknot have dropped the curiously titled ‘Solway Firth’ from their upcoming record. It’s a banger.
Think I’ll do their Glasgow gig next year - first time since 2004 for me.

Didn’t do it for me, I’ll give it a few days and give it a 2nd listen

Slipknot have dropped the curiously titled ‘Solway Firth’ from their upcoming record. It’s a banger.

Think I’ll do their Glasgow gig next year - first time since 2004 for me.

Really want to know why they called it that, especially now as it’s coincidently come out whilst I’m working down there.

Didn’t do it for me, I’ll give it a few days and give it a 2nd listen

Did it for me! Fucking love that riff with J’s rapid double bass drumming.

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Really want to know why they called it that, especially now as it’s coincidently come out whilst I’m working down there.

Some think its referencing a famous photo called "The Solway Firth Spaceman"

https://www.metalsucks.net/2019/07/22/here-are-the-lyrics-for-slipknots-new-song-solway-firth/

Reading lots of people saying the new Slippy song giving them Iowa vibes, not quite getting that vibe myself - they’ll never replicate that era imo. New song is solid however parts of it sound very Gray Chapter’esque to my lugs. I’ve been impressed with the songs thus far though. See All Out Life will be on the Japanese release but not the other releases, pity as that’s my fav of the 3 songs released.

Reading lots of people saying the new Slippy song giving them Iowa vibes, not quite getting that vibe myself - they’ll never replicate that era imo. New song is solid however parts of it sound very Gray Chapter’esque to my lugs. I’ve been impressed with the songs thus far though. See All Out Life will be on the Japanese release but not the other releases, pity as that’s my fav of the 3 songs released.

I think I get what folk mean about Solway Firth giving IOWA vibes. Other than the intro, there’s very little clean vocals and it’s just sheer raging intensity from the opening riff to the end. Doesn’t have the IOWA darkness, gloom and doom though. Thankfully. Cannot listen to that album at all now.

12 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

New Volbeat album is waaaaaaay better than their previous couple, really enjoyed it.

"Sorry Sack of Bones" is a fucking killer track

Can’t wait to get home from work tonight and give it a blast. Love these guys.

On 02/08/2019 at 08:22, Pulp said:

Tool now on streaming services. Today is a good day.

I wonder how many days it has been since the release of Opiate, to yesterday....not counting 6 extra days for leap years....🙄🙄

Edited by Al B