The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

• 2 weeks later...
The new Devin Townsend album is superb and it hasn't disappointed one bit.

I've just discovered this guy finally. I don't really know how I have managed to miss him, but I heard the song Deadhead and now I don't really want to listen to anything else [emoji24][emoji24]
Luckily he has a mountain of stuff to pick through.

Saw Devin down at Bloodstock 2010, he was hilarious. Very articulate intelligent sounding guy in his interviews as well. Strapping Young Lad will always be my favourite though when it comes to his music [emoji14]

I loathe Devin Townsend for this reason:

as a young guy, I went over to Dynamo festival in Eindhoven. We took the bus/ferry. All the way, and I mean ALL THE WAY from London to Holland on an overnight journey a bunch of arsepieces were playing a SYL live cd at top volume. No sleep, whole bus getting wilder and wilder with these muppets. Eventually, in an attempt to avoid a murder, the driver stopped the bus, went up the back, and began speaking to them. But it actually developed into him losing the rag entirely and pretty much nearly popping his aorta in rage; to be fair, we never heard a peep the rest of the way.

So I simply cannot bear DT/SYL for one second.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone has been following the Batushka saga/drama but tl;dr vocalist Bartłomiej Krysiuk (who also runs the label Witching Hour productions) stole the band from under the nose of it's creator Krzysztof Drabikowski. Any band touring/releasing material under the Batuskha name is Bart plus hired guns.

https://darkartconspiracy.com/2019/04/12/exclusive-interview-krzysztof-drabikowski-of-batushka/

Edited by GNU_Linux

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 17:03, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I loathe Devin Townsend for this reason:

as a young guy, I went over to Dynamo festival in Eindhoven. We took the bus/ferry. All the way, and I mean ALL THE WAY from London to Holland on an overnight journey a bunch of arsepieces were playing a SYL live cd at top volume. No sleep, whole bus getting wilder and wilder with these muppets. Eventually, in an attempt to avoid a murder, the driver stopped the bus, went up the back, and began speaking to them. But it actually developed into him losing the rag entirely and pretty much nearly popping his aorta in rage; to be fair, we never heard a peep the rest of the way.

So I simply cannot bear DT/SYL for one second.

Sorry

Seems the long awaited Tool record will finally be released on August 30. I’ll remain sceptical however, until I get ears and eyes on the real thing. 

Read on Blabbermouth a few days ago that they’d played a couple of new songs at a recent gig. There were YouTube links for the new songs in the article but I haven’t got round to watching them.

Would hope the new album is brilliant since it’s taken them 13 years!

8 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Anyone else want to admit to still loving a bit of the Dog’s d’Amour?

Yep. Last saw them in Valencia a couple of years ago.

New Rammstein is out and its pretty good, Only criticism would be the middle tracks didnt feel overly memorable (Puppe - Was ich liebe - Diamant) and the album hits abit of a lull as a result . But either side of that its really strong and highly enjoyable.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slipknot-we-are-not-your-kind-album-details-revealed-new-masks-and-unsainted-video-unveiled/

Weird how All Out Life won’t be on it....maybe Chris Fehn had a writing credit and they decided to scrap it [emoji6]

Looks like there might already be a new member in place replacing Chris.

Good to get a look at the new masks. As we’ve gotten used to, Corey and Sid’s masks seem to have changed the most drastically since the last album.

Corey’s mask looks like a sort-of b*****dised version of Michael Myers and Jigsaw. Sid’s looks like he’s going for an Emperor Palpatine look [emoji1]

Unsainted’s a decent track, though I think I prefer All Out Life.