The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Yip Maiden were utterly magnificent last night. Very very good. Tenth time I've seen and up there with one of the best shows. Crowd were loud but it was relatively tame down the front. Wish I was going to Hydro now

Can't wait for Maiden at the Hydro tomorrow.  Saw them for the Dance of Death tour in 2003 and they were excellent.  Saw them again for A Matter of Life and Death in 2007(?) and was underwhelmed.  I gave the Final Frontier tour a miss as a result.  Sounds like they're on form now, so that's good.

21 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

No Hallowed Be Thy Name on the tour for legal reasons.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/plagiarism_accusations_force_iron_maiden_to_remove_hallowed_be_thy_name_from_setlist.html

I'm always amazed that decades after a song is released that we get a court case like this.

35 year old song, Maiden reach probably their peak popularity and monetary value and suddenly these folk come out the woodwork. The lyrics are definitely similar to be fair. Not overly fussed about losing that from setlist as i've heard them play hallowed 3 times before.

10 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Aye - genuinely feel a bit shocked

In your house I long to be
Room by room patiently
I'll wait for you there
Like a stone I'll wait for you there
Alone

Don't think I ever appreciated the lyrics to that :

For all that I've blessed
And all that I've wronged
In dreams until my death
I will wander on.

Jesus - gutted!

Edited by Ned Nederlander

f**k sake, this has gutted me this morning!

Saw him last year at the Royal Concert Hall on his acoustic tour and he was utterly immense as always. Really feel privileged to have experienced his voice in person a few times, so sad i'll never hear it again.

Sad news about Chris Cornell. Talented singer.
On a brighter note it was great to see Bruce Dickinson belting out a few belters on Tuesday night although I thought his mike went wonky in the encore?
I also got my first Maiden T-shirt
b5cef47151a33fb435678a5331a2f98a.jpg

Have to agree with the above. I don't normally care when a celeb dies but I feel like the wind has been taken out my sails reading Cornell has died. Think I'll be having some Temple of the Dog playing tonight after work.