The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Where'd you see this Al? A hint at a new album?

I wouldn't get too excited.  There is truth to that imagine but Tool are playing that place on that date.

http://www.livenation.com/events/664715-jun-24-2017-tool

Would love it to have been the release date for the new Tool album since it will be my birthday.

It was on their twitter a few weeks back. They do play that venue on that date, but Tool play shows all the time (they played 22 last year and have 20 scheduled in May and June this year), so it seems a bit strange to single that out if it didn't have some significance.

There's also been a few videos recently where they have talked about an album being almost ready.

In additional Tool news (and this one is 100% real), they are in final talks to allow streaming services access to their full catalogue ahead of the new album.

Edited by Al B

As I understand it there's nothing particularly significant about that Tool show other than it's a big venue.

Danny Carey confirmed as recently as last week that nothing has been recorded and that writing is ongoing. No new album this year.

He's also been quoted as saying in March that it will be out pretty soon :lol:. I guess that's the thing with Tool, they just send out so many mixed answers that you just never know. I think it was 10,000 Days where they released a full track-listing that turned out to be complete nonsense!

Tool have done a few US tours in past couple of years. Nout to be excited about just yet. A UK tour new album or no new album would be absolutely dope though.

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

So, are there any metalheads here who tend to veer towards the more extreme kinds of metal?

I enjoy listening to extreme stuff.  I was at Lords of the Lands festival at the Barrowlands last month.  Personal highlight for me was Dragged Into Sunlight.

I can dig that.

There's not much of a metal scene this far north, so I have to make do with occasional trips down to the central belt. There was something or the other I had a ticket to in Glasgow at the start of the year that fell through.

I've been listening to a bit of Infant Annihilator recently.

So, are there any metalheads here who tend to veer towards the more extreme kinds of metal?

By 'extreme' do you mean that Scandinavian doom type-stuff? Not really my cup of tea. I think Legion of the Damned are about as extreme as I would deem 'listenable'. Even then I only liked a couple of their songs and even they weren't great.

13 hours ago, Comrie said:

I can dig that.

There's not much of a metal scene this far north, so I have to make do with occasional trips down to the central belt. There was something or the other I had a ticket to in Glasgow at the start of the year that fell through.

I've been listening to a bit of Infant Annihilator recently.

The odd decent band pops up now and again from Aberdeen.  Sadly I've never seen Korpse or Bonesaw.  Currently I think the best band currently active in Aberdeen is Hellripper, which is actually a one man project.  

Even Noel Gallagher wouldn't be this brazen...that's absolutely shocking :lol: (2:33 - just in case i've cue'd it up wrong)

Edited by Al B

Yes.
Death Metal, bits of black and grindcore, along with punk and whatnot thrown in.
Bit of a lifer really, been there since the embryonic golden days of DM back at the turn of the 90's.