The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

20 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Couldn't get mines. Either gonna have to brave the general sale on Friday, or cross my fingers for a Live Nation presale.

How come? has 5th Membership pre-sales sold out already?

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

How come? has 5th Membership pre-sales sold out already?

Couldn't log into the site to get my presale code, was 10:15 before I got to the TM site and standing was gone by then.

Edited by IainMorton

12 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Couldn't log into the site to get my presale code, was 10:15 before I got to the TM site and standing was gone by then.

That's a sore yin. I noticed as well just before 10am that the Metallica Fan Club site had crashed. It was just by luck I had logged into it last night and made a note of the code. My mate for some reason got offered two codes (5th member and legacy) but was to anxious about using the legacy code to buy a ticket on the off chance he'd get refused and scupper the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That's a sore yin. I noticed as well just before 10am that the Metallica Fan Club site had crashed. It was just by luck I had logged into it last night and made a note of the code. My mate for some reason got offered two codes (5th member and legacy) but was to anxious about using the legacy code to buy a ticket on the off chance he'd get refused and scupper the whole thing.

Looking back I wish I had taken a note of my code beforehand too. Wasn't expecting the Metallica site to crash. Should be ok on Friday if I get on TM straight away.

Also noticed the venue layout has an "in the round" look with standing all around the stage :) 

Edited by IainMorton

Splurged out the £96.50 for standing at Metallica. Have to hope it will be worth it :unsure:  

Is it £96.50 for standing full-stop then? I wondered if there'd maybe be a pit section then the rest of standing tickets in the £70ish region...

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is it £96.50 for standing full-stop then? I wondered if there'd maybe be a pit section then the rest of standing tickets in the £70ish region...

No, appears to be "in the round" with standing and level 1 seating at £96, and level 2 and 3 seating at £56.

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

So all standing AND level 1 seating is £96.50?! Fucking hell!

Pretty sure it was, may even have been £96 for level 2 seats aswell with only the seats right at the back of the arena at £56. Don't quote me on that, though!!!

Pretty sure it was, may even have been £96 for level 2 seats aswell with only the seats right at the back of the arena at £56. Don't quote me on that, though!!!

f**k sake... Think I'll just log on tomorrow morning and just see what I can get. Would be happy with £56 tickets up the back as long as it means I'm going, but seen Metallica a few times now and think £96 is a bit of a joke tbh. I'm actually surprised there's not been a backlash and outrage about the ticket prices.

f**k sake... Think I'll just log on tomorrow morning and just see what I can get. Would be happy with £56 tickets up the back as long as it means I'm going, but seen Metallica a few times now and think £96 is a bit of a joke tbh. I'm actually surprised there's not been a backlash and outrage about the ticket prices.

There has. Even the official Metallica Facebook page is a hotbed of insurrection and counter revolution.

18 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Got my standing ticket sorted :D

I got standing this morning as well, think the standing might be sold out now as I'm only getting offered seats when I log back in.

I notice standing for this is 16 and over, the Hydro is normally 14 and over and Ned Jnr has stood in the past, he'll be 15 for this one though ... anyone had any bother with age restrictions at the Hydro ?

Edited by Ned Nederlander