The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I have not heard this term before. Can anyone explain it to me?

Greasers are associated with the sixties, , sleaked back hair , leather jackets, smoking etc. Like the guys from the outsiders or Grease is you will.

Anyone into hXc/hardcore? quite like job for a cowboy and Bring me the horizon the now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-x95Q0SJfY

Can't stand them both :P

Infact JFAC are up there with Twin Atlantic as the worst band I've ever seen. Booed off when they supported Megadeth

Bit of a gutter hearing that when I was planing to go see them at the garage :(

Bit of a gutter hearing that when I was planing to go see them at the garage :(

Well if you like their music then it won't be bad, I guess. I just can't stand bands that scream. I don't really see the point if you can't understand the lyrics. At least with stuff like Slipknot and Machine Head, they do their shouting thing but I can still understand them but I can't make out anything that JFAC are saying.

Can you actually hear what he's saying though?

I've seen JFAC twice (supporting Megadeth + supporting Lamb of God) I'm not a fan of theirs whatsoever but the crowd seemed to enjoy them (in the LOG gig that is...the Megadeth crowd boo'd them)

Only ever gone to see one of the big 4- that was Slayer who iv seen a few times.

would love to see Metallica, but I go through a love hate with metallica so would have to be touring at a time where I like them.

Best live band Iv ever seen would be the mighty In Flames at the Barralands circa 2005- Support was Sepultura who also rocked out that night

Cheers, I enjoyed that! Haven't heard it for a while. :)

Anyone like these:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUbIUHScS_M

Particular favourites of mine, at least they were. Now they've gone all sort of industrial and rubbish. TRhe albums to get are Deliverance, Wiseblood and America's Volume Dealer for that groovy Southern Rawk metal genius. Great!

Metal news? Rob Zombie tour to be announced next week!! Should include a Glasgow date....i've been waiting on this gig for nearly 10 fucking years! Joey Jordison I think is playing drums for him on the tour as well...

oh and, Slayer are my favorite band...seen them 6 times now.

I won't believe it until I see it!

I used to listen to quite a lot (more of the commercial stuff; Slipknot, System, Rage, Korn etc.) mostly nu-metal, but I've not picked up a CD and listened to it in a while.

I've seen:

Korn: January 2008 at the Carling Academy. Supported by Flyleaf and Deathstars. Was brilliant. Korn were my favourite band at the time.

The Finnish Fire Tour: December 2008 at the Cathouse. Kivimetsan Druidi, Battlelore, some band beginning with F and Korpiklaani. I recommend listening to Korpiklaani. Sort of folk-metal type thing.

Slipknot: December 2008, SECC. Lamb of God Children of Bodom and Machine Head supported. I don't like either of the support bands, but Slipknot were fantastic. I'd love to see them again, but it doesn't look likely.

Skindred: 2009 sometime at the ABC2. Can't remember who supported them but I don't think I liked them. Skindred were ace. Absolutely adore the cover of Electric Avenue.

Papa Roach: October 2009? at the O2Academy. Madina Lake and Heaven's Basement were shite, but the Roach were sublime.

Limp Bizkit: Few months ago, Academy. Psyko Dalek were ace, Twin Atlantic were shite, but Limp Bizkit were brilliant, as expected.

I'd love to see Korn and Slipknot again, and I'd give my left testicle to see either System of a Down or Rage Against the Machine... or both, but I'm only going to sacrifice one baw.

Edited by Smurph

I used to listen to quite a lot (more of the commercial stuff; Slipknot, System, Rage, Korn etc.) mostly nu-metal, but I've not picked up a CD and listened to it in a while.

I've seen:

Korn: January 2008 at the Carling Academy. Supported by Flyleaf and Deathstars. Was brilliant. Korn were my favourite band at the time.

The Finnish Fire Tour: December 2008 at the Cathouse. Kivimetsan Druidi, Battlelore, some band beginning with F and Korpiklaani. I recommend listening to Korpiklaani. Sort of folk-metal type thing.

Slipknot: December 2008, SECC. Lamb of God and Machine Head supported. I don't like either of the support bands, but Slipknot were fantastic. I'd love to see them again, but it doesn't look likely.

Skindred: 2009 sometime at the ABC2. Can't remember who supported them but I don't think I liked them. Skindred were ace. Absolutely adore the cover of Electric Avenue.

Papa Roach: October 2009? at the O2Academy. Madina Lake and Heaven's Basement were shite, but the Roach were sublime.

Limp Bizkit: Few months ago, Academy. Psyko Dalek were ace, Twin Atlantic were shite, but Limp Bizkit were brilliant, as expected.

I'd love to see Korn and Slipknot again, and I'd give my left testicle to see either System of a Down or Rage Against the Machine... or both, but I'm only going to sacrifice one baw.

It was Bodom and Machine Head for Slipknot btw

Can't stand them both tongue.gif

Infact JFAC are up there with Twin Atlantic as the worst band I've ever seen. Booed off when they supported Megadeth

They were very poor supporting Lamb of God, and were above August Burns Red and the immense Between The Buried And Me on the bill. dry.gif

f**k listing every metal band I've seen live, but a few of the best:

Anthrax, 2006: The first proper gig I went to, and f**k me what a stormer. This was the first date of the tour when Belladonna had just returned and they were fantastic. They played Indians, then demanded the entire lower floor of the Academy became a pit and played it again. At that time, Belladonna still had it; listening to him sing Medusa, he was as good as he was in 1985. It's a shame they've descended into a soap opera with Belladonna constantly fucking off/returning. That night was also the first time I heard Beyond Fear, they were a great support.

Machine Head: First saw them at Black Crusade, which was I believe was actually Trivium's tour but they seemed to accept that MH absolutely wipe the floor with them live and let them be top of the bill. I hadn't really listened to much of their material other than The Blackening (which is my probably my favourite album ever) at this point, I quickly rushed out and bought other albums after this. Davidian blew me away (Speaking of that song, I was talked into going to the Cathouse for my mate's birthday last night - that came on and the place went crazy). Next saw them supporting Slipknot, they were clearly new to a lot of the crowd and they got themselves a lot of new fans that night. Aesthetics of Hate was something else that night. Saw them supporting Metallica, not as good as the previous times, IMO due to in the round stage layout coupled with the SECC's already shit sound. Last time I saw them was February at their own show at the Academy, fucking superb and they played a few songs that don't normally show up in their sets.

Slipknot: Aforementioned gig with Machine Head at the SECC, which was superb, but nothing on Download 09. Crowd of about 80000, insanely good set and the obvious climax of Spit It Out. Left Behind was the highlight though. I've just been informed by my mate that the DVD of that set has just been brought out so I'll be making a trip to HMV tomorrow.

Metallica: Have to say I was slightly disappointed, purely down to the sound, not the band lacking in any way and it was a great gig regardless. Had it not been the SECC/in the round it would have been far better, but it was still fantastic and I was delighted to see them at last. Thanks again to IainMorton for offering me a ticket the day before the gig when he could have stuck it on Ebay and got a couple of hundred quid for it, also met Monster and MattBairn that day. smile.gif

Rage Against The Machine: I jizzed everywhere, to be honest. wink.gif They were the first heavy band I got into when my brother came in with The Battle of LA just after it came out, I was nine at the time. Never though I'd get a chance to see them live but it finally happened and they didn't disappoint. Started down the front and had to battle my way out to get some water halfway through the set before I passed out, tried to make my way back in but didn't get too far, still had a decent view where I was though and most of the people around me were actually fans and not Twisteh types who only knew Killing In The Name, which was nice.

Lamb of God: Two of their own shows in Glasgow and Download 10. This video isn't from the Download I saw them, but this the standard they delivered, superb: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Y9vWfkPrdjY

Alice In Chains: Argue about what genre they are if you want, but it won't change the fact that they're immense live. Barras in 09 was brilliant, as was Academy this year.

I now feel the need to listen to all these bands live again. That's my evening sorted then.

Edit: I only went and forgot to mention Opeth. I also second Smurph's mention of Korpiklaani, cracking band.

Edited by Dunning1874

First saw them at Black Crusade, which was I believe was actually Trivium's tour but they seemed to accept that MH absolutely wipe the floor with them live and let them be top of the bill

I believe that was a respect thing for Trivium. Puts me in mind of Doves refusing to headline the King Tuts tent ahead of James Brown at T in the Park.

I'd love to see Slipknot headlining a festival.

I believe that was a respect thing for Trivium. Puts me in mind of Doves refusing to headline the King Tuts tent ahead of James Brown at T in the Park.

I'd love to see Slipknot headlining a festival.

I believe that to be the case also, I had a black crusade metal hammer speical and there was an interview with Matt Heafy and Rob Flynn and Heafy was talking about how the burning red was the first album he bought and made him buy a guitar and he snuck into an overs club to see them when he was young. So I Would imagine it would be a respect thing.

More ont he Lemmy film.......got this in an email form Ticketmaster just now..

Now you can discover what it is that has made this musician a cultural icon recognised and respected far beyond the confines of rock music in Lemmy, released on DVD on 24th January 2011. It will have a limited theatrical run from 3rd December and you can watch an exclusive trailer of the film right here.

biggrin.gif

but listening to Volbeat and devildriver most recently

Have a green dot, Volbeat are amazing! Really looking forward to seeing them in December.

Metal bands i've been listening to recently

-Totalselfhatred

-Pig Destroyer

-At The Gates