The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Been a Mastodon fan since March of the Fire Ants came out on a Relapse sampler in about 2002 and got every studio release they've done. Never managed to see them yet!

I shall therefore definitively state I wish to obtain a "brief" for this performance, although I'm utterly rooked and lethargy will probably triumph. Again.

1 hour ago, K.T said:

Anybody got any idea how ridiculously expensive Kiss tickets are going to be? My wife is a fan and her birthday is coming up but I suspect the prices will far exceed my love for her.

TICKET INFO

£51.10 - £73.80

(inc admin fee) + fulfilment

https://www.thessehydro.com/events/detail/kiss-2019

8 hours ago, K.T said:

Anybody got any idea how ridiculously expensive Kiss tickets are going to be? My wife is a fan and her birthday is coming up but I suspect the prices will far exceed my love for her.

Much more than they're worth for the current scab version of the band anyway - they were one of the first bands I got into when I was a kid, but when they started togging up yes-man replacements in the originals' makeup that was it for me.

You might want to play your missus this before splurging for tickets - it shows the nick of Paul Stanley's voice these days...this is after two gigs of their last run, so God knows how he'll make it through a three-year farewell tour...

Much more than they're worth for the current scab version of the band anyway - they were one of the first bands I got into when I was a kid, but when they started togging up yes-man replacements in the originals' makeup that was it for me.
You might want to play your missus this before splurging for tickets - it shows the nick of Paul Stanley's voice these days...this is after two gigs of their last run, so God knows how he'll make it through a three-year farewell tour...

You’re not selling it to me. Perhaps I will just get her flowers.

I've been on a big random Slipknot binge the last couple of weeks so needless to say when I heard a new track was online yesterday I got very excited. Not ashamed to admit I'm a total Slipknot fan boy, they were the gateway band that got me into heavier music so I've got a lot of time for them and whenever I listen to Iowa I'm instantly taken back to my young 13 year old self. 

As for the song, I really enjoy it. Corey sounds fantastic. My only gripe is it sounds like a left over song from The Gray Chapter. Production and guitar tone are almost identical.