The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Head in hands time. I booked us the premier inn at charing cross because it was two minutes walk from O2 abc. We were having a good night, burger and a drink in firewater, listened to some guy going mental down the phone to someone. Then we walked up the street and the O2 ABC was shut. Checked the tickets and it was O2 academy.

What a fanny.

:lol:

Head in hands time. I booked us the premier inn at charing cross because it was two minutes walk from O2 abc. We were having a good night, burger and a drink in firewater, listened to some guy going mental down the phone to someone. Then we walked up the street and the O2 ABC was shut. Checked the tickets and it was O2 academy.

What a fanny.

When I posted about the sound quality for Trivium I saw your post and wonder what you were doing there! Did you make it in time to see any of Trivium/KSE?

http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/news

Bolt Thrower playing a UK date this year.

Tempted by Damnation Festival. They always have an interesting line up and I've looked at it a couple of times and thought about going. I fancy a festival this year so I can see a few bands that I'd otherwise not have the chance to ever see. The fact it is a single day, indoors and well priced makes me think this year I will do it.

Jumped in a taxi and we ended up in a pub near the academy called the Sou'wester. It was fucking horrific.

Saw most of trivium and all KSE.

If you ever find yourself at an Academy gig again, the place you want to be before it is The Laurieston. Tremendous pub.

Has anyone heard of a band from Glasgow called From Sorrow to Serenity? I was at The Tunnels in Aberdeen last night watching Every Time I Die when I noticed a flyer for their gig at said venue on the 17th. Had a very quick listen to a song on Youtube when I got home last night and their music had a clear Meshuggah vibe to it.

I'll probably nip along seeing it is only £3 to get in.

Has anyone heard of a band from Glasgow called From Sorrow to Serenity? I was at The Tunnels in Aberdeen last night watching Every Time I Die when I noticed a flyer for their gig at said venue on the 17th. Had a very quick listen to a song on Youtube when I got home last night and their music had a clear Meshuggah vibe to it.

I'll probably nip along seeing it is only £3 to get in.

Small world as I happen to be friends with one of their guitarists.

On another subject anyone else heard the new Behemoth? Stellar effort based upon my two listens so far.

Can't wait for Saturday. 7 hour death metal gig at Studio 24 with a load of bands. Fiver entry and 2 for 1 on the door til 6pm. Not been at a gig since last November and with this Saturdays gig catering more to my style then I'll be sure to have a good time.

Can't wait for Saturday. 7 hour death metal gig at Studio 24 with a load of bands. Fiver entry and 2 for 1 on the door til 6pm. Not been at a gig since last November and with this Saturdays gig catering more to my style then I'll be sure to have a good time.

733931_10152021303326136_965434296_n.jpg

Wish i was going to this. Not seen Cancerous Womb for a few years, will have to get hold of the album. Seen four of those bands before, would love to see Zombified again.

Where's Studio 24?

Literally next door to Waverely station.

733931_10152021303326136_965434296_n.jpg

Wish i was going to this. Not seen Cancerous Womb for a few years, will have to get hold of the album. Seen four of those bands before, would love to see Zombified again.

Terrorizer are streaming the whole album at the moment, sounds fantastic. CW also have a pretty cool 20 min vid on Youtube showing the making of the album. Seen a few of these bands in the past and was surprised how good Laceration were live as a 1 man band, think the boy Hamish has got a few new members to bulk up the numbers. The event page on Facebook says over 200 folk are attending which would be an amazing turnout.

Next gig for me will be Conan at Downstairs in Aberdeen on the 18th of March. My cousins band are the opening band and I've never had a chance to see him play live so looking forward to it.

I will be there, missed Conan last time they were there.

Where's Studio 24?

I'll be blootered and dancing widdershins at Martin Walkyier's Skyclad farewell in the Glasgow Audio on Saturday; Elvenking and guid Fa'kirk metallers Cnoc An Tursa will be ear-bothering as well. *jumps around in anticipation*

Cancelled.

f**k the fucking f**k off.

Idiot. his defence barely seems to extend beyond blaming it on roid rage.

Surprised that he can only get 9 years, given how strick the us system can be, and his crime is basically attempted murder, and if he actually met a hit man rather than a police officer his wife would be dead.

The most upsetting thing about the whole Tim Lambesis business is that there'll never be an Austrian Death Machine tour.

Off to the cinema to see As The Palaces Burn tonight, don't usually bother too much about band documentaries but really interested to see this.

The most upsetting thing about the whole Tim Lambesis business is that there'll never be an Austrian Death Machine tour.

Off to the cinema to see As The Palaces Burn tonight, don't usually bother too much about band documentaries but really interested to see this.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- i forgot all about this! god dammit.........