The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

My Metallica setlist would be (in no particular order cause I cant be bothered):

Battery

Creeping Death

Damage Inc.

Disposable Heroes

Escape

Fade to Black

Holier Than Thou

Master of Puppets

No Leaf Clover

One

Phantom Lord

Ride The Lightning

Seek & Destroy

Turn The Page

The Unforgiven

Trapped Under Ice

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Suicide & Redemption

I'm actually gonna make a playlist of that right now. f**k yeah.

3rd Sonisphere headliner is confirmed to be announced tomorrow night! Anyone going by the way? I've secured my ticket

I'm definitely doing Bloodstock and will do one of Hellfest and Soni, right now I'm thinking Hellfest but we'll see what Soni can offer shortly. I'll be very surprised if it isn't Sabbath and that'll have me leaning further to Hellfest.

I can't see Soni coming close to the quality of the Hellfest undercard so on headliners it comes down to Metallica v Aerosmith. Although I'm a bigger fan of Metallica I've seen them more recently than Aerosmith, who were outstanding the one time I saw them and this'll probably be the last chance to see them before they finally chuck it. It would be cool to see Metallica doing the fan chosen set, but it isn't that impressive or different a set on the early voting anyway so I'm not heavily fussed.

Edited by Dunning1874

A massive amount of the music came from Paul Gray and Joey, so it will be interesting to see what happens without either of them! Thankfully they have an amazing songwriter in Jim Root.

Saw Sabbath in Belfast on Thursday night and am happy to admit I was a bit worried beforehand, mainly about Oswald's voice.

I was wrong - they were excellent and the set list is to die for. Anyone going tomorrow night is in for an absolute treat. Iommi never missed a trick all night and Ozzy was on great form, apart from the bizarre cuckoo type noises every now and then.

Saw Sabbath in Belfast on Thursday night and am happy to admit I was a bit worried beforehand, mainly about Oswald's voice.

I was wrong - they were excellent and the set list is to die for. Anyone going tomorrow night is in for an absolute treat. Iommi never missed a trick all night and Ozzy was on great form, apart from the bizarre cuckoo type noises every now and then.

Going tonight. Doors are at 6 and there is only one support band. Is it an early close or something?

Going tonight. Doors are at 6 and there is only one support band. Is it an early close or something?

I got an email from the venue re: the set times; as follows;

1800 - Doors to the arena

1830 - Doors to the bowl

19:30 - Uncle Acid

2015 - Interval

2035 - Black Sabbath

2235 - Show Ends

f*ck knows why there's an interval of an hour between the bowl opening and uncle acid starting!