The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

surprised 2 of the headliners are metal bands. I though they might have went 1 metal, 1 classic rock (Rush, The Who, Rolling Stones), 1 newish rock (NiN, QOTSA, Green Day etc). Im still hopefull the 3rd is going to be Rush.

my dream Metallica setlist.

Trapped Under Ice

Master of Puppets

Fuel

Holier Than Thou

Ride the Lightning

Harvester of Sorrow

Creeping Death

Frantic

....And Justice for All

Phantom Lord

Blackened

The Day that Never comes

Whiplash

Battery

Hit the Lights

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Am I Evil?

Enter Sandman

Edited by DavieCFC

My fucking word the Hellfest line-up.

Posted Image

Yeah, definitely time for my first festival on the continent.

That's ridiculously good. Might have to get my ass to France. Went the first year Emperor played. Great festival.

My fucking word the Hellfest line-up.

Yeah, definitely time for my first festival on the continent.

That is f*cking unreal! Slayer clash with Maiden is a killer though

I was considering Hellfest last year actually, looked right into travel/accomodation but decided against it. That is very tempting though

Edited by Mik

That is f*cking unreal! Slayer clash with Maiden is a killer though

I was considering Hellfest last year actually, looked right into travel/accomodation but decided against it. That is very tempting though

They have two main stages, both facing each other. They set up whilst the other band are playing, so all you have to do is literally turn round and the next band start.

Ok that hellfest lineup looks awsome, really want to see Emperor but tbh the other bloodstock announcements havent overly thrilled me.

But Opeth, Behemoth, Septicflesh, Powerwolf, Iced Earth, Watain, Electric Wizard, Nile etc... holy shit thats awsome.

On the topic of Metallica, I've been listening to The Black Album today. I forgot just how good it is. It's immense. It's heavier than I remember as well. Not quite as good as MOP or RTL mind but definitely my 3rd favourite

On the topic of Metallica, I've been listening to The Black Album today. I forgot just how good it is. It's immense. It's heavier than I remember as well. Not quite as good as MOP or RTL mind but definitely my 3rd favourite

It's a great album, people run it down because of the success and the polished feel to it but there are some classics on there Holier Than Thou and Of wolf and Man are the standouts for me.

How many is it? 18?

Hit The Lights

Master of Puppets

AJFA

Jump In The Fire

Sanitarium

Blackened

Whiplash

One

No Remorse

Ride The Lightning

Fade to Black

Unforgiven 1

Unforgiven 2

Unforgiven 3 (i think it'd be nifty alright)

New Song

of Wolf & Man

Disposable Heroes

Damage Inc

It's a great album, people run it down because of the success and the polished feel to it but there are some classics on there Holier Than Thou and Of wolf and Man are the standouts for me.

Funnily enough after wearing a cassette copy out at the time, I have just re-visited it and thought exactly the same...it's spectacular, and as said...the fact that it blew the doors off the mainstream makes you forget that it is heavy as shit! And Sad But True? That's how you start a fucking song....

Black Sabbath set list from London last night . Can't wait for Monday :thumsup2

1.War Pigs
2.Into the Void
3.Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes
4.Snowblind
5.Age of Reason
6.Black Sabbath
7.Behind the Wall of Sleep
8.N.I.B.
(Preceded by "Bassically" … moreGeezer Butler bass solo)
9.End of the Beginning
10.Fairies Wear Boots
11.Rat Salad
(with Drum Solo)
12.Iron Man
13.God Is Dead?
14.Dirty Women
15.Children of the Grave
Encore:
16.Paranoid
(Sabbath Bloody Sabbath Intro)
Zeitgeist