The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I'll also be at Defenders of The Faith. Never seen Carcass before, Amon Amarth are one of my favourite bands and their new album is fantastic, quite enjoy Bleed From Within, and Hell are an outstanding live band. Extremely excited for this.

Still seething that I'm missing Alice In Chains and Ghost though.

A rundown from last nights gig

Hell - 8/10. Really good heavy metal, vocalist seems abit of a nutter but the guy can fucking sing.

Bleed from Within - 1/10. Saw these guys support Megadave, thought they were utter shit then, still do now. Music for idiots.

Carcass - 9/10. Holy shit these guys were good, place went fucking berserk, proper harsh vocals, insane riffs and ferocious drumming. They didnt f**k around, just kept the gig motoring on at full speed. Band of the night for me.

Amon Amarth - 7/10. Great show as always, band were on top form as always. Coupla reasons for the lower score, their set for a headliner was abit short (they were only on for bout an hour) and was too TotTG heavy (only 3 songs from the new album), id heard it all before. The other is their guitars in all 3 times ive seen them are easily drowned out sound wise at times when everything kicks in, a problem none of the 3 previous bands encountered.

My dad was at the gig in the academy and the first band were abit meh. He hated Ghost (mainly due to the vocalist) and that AiC were awsome. He got a pick from every member of the band. Also said even though it was at the academy, the sound was great, which is a rare thing.

I had a great night though.

Hell - 8/10. Really good heavy metal, vocalist seems abit of a nutter but the guy can fucking sing.

Bleed from Within - 1/10. Saw these guys support Megadave, thought they were utter shit then, still do now. Music for idiots.

Carcass - 9/10. Holy shit these guys were good, place went fucking berserk, proper harsh vocals, insane riffs and ferocious drumming. They didnt f**k around, just kept the gig motoring on at full speed. Band of the night for me.

Amon Amarth - 7/10. Great show as always, band were on top form as always. Coupla reasons for the lower score, their set for a headliner was abit short (they were only on for bout an hour) and was too TotTG heavy (only 3 songs from the new album), id heard it all before. The other is their guitars in all 3 times ive seen them are easily drowned out sound wise at times when everything kicks in, a problem none of the 3 previous bands encountered.

My dad was at the gig in the academy and the first band were abit meh. He hated Ghost (mainly due to the vocalist) and that AiC were awsome. He got a pick from every member of the band. Also said even though it was at the academy, the sound was great, which is a rare thing.

Just back from Manchester here. DotF was good and I liked going to a completely different venue in a new city. I missed the start of Hells set and I wish I hadn't. I'd heard of them but not heard their stuff before. It was perfect 80s metal to my ears though with a certain amount of a theatrics to bring it all together.

Bland from Within were just uninspiring. It was a strange atmosphere when they were on. I didn't feel any hate for them, just a massive wave of apathy from about 90% of the crowd.

Carcass got a great reception and I really need to listen to them a bit more. Got all their stuff on my hard drive but it has been literally years since I gave them a listen.

Amon Amarth were solid and the crowd were well up for it. Some of the best crowd singing I've seen at a gig in a while!

I was also at Orphaned Land last nigh in Manchester, my main reason for going down. I was pleased to be able to see them playing a headling gig as the only time I'd seen them before was supporting Amorphis at the Cathouse back in 2010. It was a good set with enough tracks from Mabool to keep me happy as I fucking love that album.

Just back from Manchester here. DotF was good and I liked going to a completely different venue in a new city. I missed the start of Hells set and I wish I hadn't. I'd heard of them but not heard their stuff before. It was perfect 80s metal to my ears though with a certain amount of a theatrics to bring it all together.

Bland from Within were just uninspiring. It was a strange atmosphere when they were on. I didn't feel any hate for them, just a massive wave of apathy from about 90% of the crowd.

Carcass got a great reception and I really need to listen to them a bit more. Got all their stuff on my hard drive but it has been literally years since I gave them a listen.

Amon Amarth were solid and the crowd were well up for it. Some of the best crowd singing I've seen at a gig in a while!

I was also at Orphaned Land last nigh in Manchester, my main reason for going down. I was pleased to be able to see them playing a headling gig as the only time I'd seen them before was supporting Amorphis at the Cathouse back in 2010. It was a good set with enough tracks from Mabool to keep me happy as I fucking love that album.

I dont think they were really a favourite at glasgow either, usually when the lights go out to signify the bands coming on stage, you usually get a big cheer from the crowd, there was barely any noise made beforehand for these guys

Really curious about this. Rarely see someone leaving a Ghost show and hating it. Did he mention why he didnt like the vocalist per chance?

Bleed from within were a bad choice for the tour. They would have went down huge in there own scene but to put them on a tour like that was just bizzare.

I think Bleed From Within get a bit of unfair stick, they're grouped in with the likes of Whitechapel and Malefice whose songs consist of nothing but breakdowns but there's more to them than that. They were certainly the weakest band on the bill but they were far from bad.

My body's still in agony from Defenders of the Faith, caught LoG tribute Eleventh Hour last night too, they were terrific. I need to avoid gigs for a while now until my neck recovers, no more headbanging!

Hell are without a doubt one of my fav bands at the moment. Can't wait to get their new album, 25th of this month it comes out from what I remember. They put on a helluva show on Thursday. Didn't really care for Bleed From Within and I found myself getting a bit bored of Amon Amarth. Carcass though were relentless and thought their set list was great.

Hell are without a doubt one of my fav bands at the moment. Can't wait to get their new album, 25th of this month it comes out from what I remember. They put on a helluva show on Thursday. Didn't really care for Bleed From Within and I found myself getting a bit bored of Amon Amarth. Carcass though were relentless and thought their set list was great.

I've seen Hell twice at bloodstock, never heard of them until i seen them and from that moment i loved them. Cant wait for the new album.

Felt if this was to go anywhere It was this thread..

1457659_426994967425936_1803763337_n.jpg

Also I imagine most of you will have seen this but for those who haven't and enjoy Tool this is a must watch. Bunch of 8-12 year olds covering "46 & 2" beautifully.

Download announcement at 6 tonight, we'll start to see how the undercard looks.

oo0o0oo.

I also see that Soni 2014 is a go-go. They said they will make an announcement before xmas

edit: they actually said there will be announcement within 2 weeks on Twitter

Edited by Mik

Trivium, The Offspring, Status Quo, In Flames and Steel Panther announced for Download. Only band that made me go YES! was In Flames. However I've never been to Download nor do I have any plans for next year so not sure why I cared, guess I'm hoping maybe In Flames will play a headlining date or two in the UK around the same time.

Edited by NorthernLights