The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Nice. I think everyone knew A7X were going to headlnie the Friday this year, heavily rumoured and a band has to step up to the plate some time or another. I'm a really big fan of the Nightmare album although I still need to give HTTK a better listen

I absolutely love Rob Zombie :wub:

No denying Linkin Park are big enough but it's just a case of back too soon for them having last played in 2011. Generally a band doing an album in full is enough to mix a set up to prevent that stale feeling but Hybrid Theory is only 40 minutes long so it doesn't shake things up that much.

I absolutely believe that punting Avenged Sevenfold up to headline status was the right thing to do but they really needed two impressive headliners alongside them, and they've ultimately gone for a repetitive, 'safe' option here. Need to pull out something special for the Sunday headliner.

They could always announce that Rammstein will play on the Sunday night every year, which would confirm my attendance for life.

Oh my, could not have predicted that.

I thought for sure with A7X headlining we would have 2 big affirmed bands. Linkin Park are big enough, but it's really uninspired... I bet the DLF is in meltdown at the moment! Haha

Ooft, Hybrid Theory in full is tingling my nostalgia senses.

Doubtful I'll make my return though, Avenged and Rob Zombie do nothing for me, and nostalgia aside, I'm not a Linkin Park fan either.

It's a shame they've both played in the past two years (when I've been unable to go) because Iron Maiden and Metallica are probably the only two bands who could fill that third headline slot and tempt me to go. Pearl Jam are probably the only other who are big enough that'd really tempt me but I can't see them picking them as their third choice.

Shocking announcements. The only positive I can take from this is that maybe the money has gone to Van Halen and Aerosmith as mentioned earlier. The thing is, I actually like all the bands announced so far, but FOB as a sub is a shocking announcement.Surely having them as a second stage headliner makes more sense.. Linkin Parks return is to soon. A7x and Rob Zombie I have no complaints about. A strong undercard is just as important as headliners which people forget, ill see how that turns out. Hopefully we get NIN, Tool and Motley Crue

Crue were fun live but as much as I don't agree with Linkin Park headlining, there's no way Motley would be above them on the bill. Vince's voice is utterly pish these days.

Saw a bit of Tool in 2006 but lost interest after a while and went to another stage.

NIN would be tremendous though.

Any word on whether Sonisphere might return next year?

They keep on saying that they want to bring it back to the UK.

I went 2010-10 and thought it was a great festival.

The way they have the main stage and 2nd stage at either end of the 1 arena is quality as it means there's never a clash between the biggest bands on the bill.

Shame they couldn't afford it the past couple of years but depending on tickets sales for Download this year then I wouldn't be surprised if it made a return.

They keep on saying that they want to bring it back to the UK.

I went 2010-10 and thought it was a great festival.

The way they have the main stage and 2nd stage at either end of the 1 arena is quality as it means there's never a clash between the biggest bands on the bill.

Shame they couldn't afford it the past couple of years but depending on tickets sales for Download this year then I wouldn't be surprised if it made a return.

Ma dad read somehwer earlier in the year they were hoping to do something at the sonisphere location (Knebworth House) because it would mark 40 years since it first held an open air conert, Next year also marks 40 years since Rush released their 1st album. Hmmmm........

The Download announcments so far have been well and truely dire.

Edited by DavieCFC

I actually liked the Saturday announcement, but that's purely my own tastes. Fall Out Boy will NOT go down well. I'm a big fan of them, but I'd never see them at Download because the atmosphere would be... tense.

Linkin Park MIGHT do well, purely because Hybrid Theory is a genuinely world class album. If the Sunday headliner and sub are good ( and yes, Aerosmith and Van Halen would fit that for me ), I'd consider going. LP doing that album is a HUGE draw, but I need more of a push.