The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Two 'first time evers' in there as I recall.

Last night had a bit of a rehearsal feel about with the technical glitches etc. Devin gets away it though as he's a top man. Wouldn't mind getting one of those hockey tops they were all wearing.

Two 'first time evers' in there as I recall.

Last night had a bit of a rehearsal feel about with the technical glitches etc. Devin gets away it though as he's a top man. Wouldn't mind getting one of those hockey tops they were all wearing.

yeah i fancied one of those aswell, didnt have £40 on me though :(

Hatebreed were great tonight. Everything about it was really good. The crowd were so into it and it was all enhanced by being in the ABC2 which is tiny. Wasnt sold out however which I was surprised about, considering it only holds about 300 odd. Has their stock really fallen that much? They dont really come here that much either.

Thought Demoraliser were really good also a good support. The other band Black Dogs not so much. Wish there singer would have just shut up talking in between songs.

All in all a good night and onward to Bring Me The Horizon tommorow.

Bring Me The Horizon were really good tonight as usual. They are alot better in these kind of venues where they are right up in your face. The crowd were going mental for the new stuff also which I was suprised about. Good mix of the new album and the older stuff in there.

Crossfaith stole the show for me however ( no doubt fueled by it being the first time iv seen them and fifth for BMTH). Iv been wanting to see them live for a while now to see how they are compared to Enter Shikari live,who, are probably the best comparison to Crossfaith, both musically and just how good their output is in that genre. They absolutely smashed it. They are like Enter Shikari on steroids, just really heavy but make excellent use of their synths. They seem to understand both electronic and metal music a bit better than Shikari and know how to use it better than Shikari. Also helps their heads arent up their arses and there were no trampolines in sight. Id love to see them and Shikari tour together think it would be amazing and id pay to see it.

On a side note, I felt like one of the oldest people in that crowd tonight, at the ripe old age of 22. Had no bother getting served at the bar which was a plus.

Edited by Zizou-5

Shocked to hear the news about Jeff. I knew he'd had some health issues over the last few years but hadn't realised he was that ill.

Oh well. In happier news I had an amazing time seeing Devin Townsend at The Garage. One of those great nights that reminds me why seeing live music can be such a great experience. There were no signs of any technical issues like I heard there had been at the Glasgow show, I shook hands with the man himself after the gig and he also signed my ticket stub.

428504_602291386447994_749770420_n.jpg