The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Opeth were great last night I thought. This was the setlist as I make it (feel free to correct if I'm wrong):

The Devil's Orchard

Ghost of Perdition

White Cluster

Hope Leaves

Burden

Deliverance

Hessian Peel

Famine

Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Blackwater Park

Deliverance is probably my favourite Opeth song. I was gutted when Mikael's guitar gave out during it, thinking it would ruin the song. He dealt with it like a total professional though, and even managed to change guitar while still singing. His onstage banter is hilarious as well. What a guy.

Spot on. I don't know if you know about setlist.fm but its a great site for info about setlists (obviously :rolleyes: )

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/opeth/2012/o2-abc-glasgow-scotland-3bda88e4.html

Deliverance is a fucking beast of a song. One song I'd love to hear from that same album live though would be Master's Apprentice.

That was the 5th time I've seen Opeth and each time Mikael seems to do more talking and interaction with the crowd each time. He does have this wonderful dry sense of humour and its a level above the clichéd stuff you get from most bands when addressing the audience.

Have I driven everyone else away from this thread or something? :lol:

Jagermeister_Tour_1353927682_crop_550x772.jpg

I'm all over this tour, only a fiver and both Ghost and Gojira are among the best live bands around. Surprised they're in academies and surprised Ghost are the headline act but I'm certainly not complaining, they are outstanding. Next year is already looking fantastic for gigs.

I'm all over this tour, only a fiver and both Ghost and Gojira are among the best live bands around. Surprised they're in academies and surprised Ghost are the headline act but I'm certainly not complaining, they are outstanding. Next year is already looking fantastic for gigs.

is week after bullet/halestorm gig at 02

Su-shitting-perb line-up for a fiver. Gojira should deffo be headlining though.

Wow! I'm in.

Su-shitting-perb line-up for a fiver. Gojira should deffo be headlining though.

Absolutely. Not sure why they aren't as you'd think Gojira were the bigger band and have a far bigger back catalogue.

I saw Ghost during at the O2 Academy during the Defenders of the Faith III tour and while they are interesting band live with their presence and style I don't find them a particularly interesting band to listen to. Listened to a few songs on YouTube after seeing them live and without their visual presence I simply couldn't get into the music at all.

However for £5 it is a really good deal.

I'm also there. Saw Ghost on the Defenders of the Faith tour last year and they were great. Opus Eponymous is a fantastic album which some great tunes (Ritual, Elizabeth, Stand By Him). Can't wait for this gig.