The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

^^^^

Agreed.

The Flower Of Scotland chant at Maiden the other month was cringeworthy also. I mean I'm as proud as anyone about where I'm from but don't feel the need to suddenly sing about it in the middle of a concert.

At least that makes it a bit sense, Maiden are English. They did it at MH, makes no sense.

At least that makes it a bit sense, Maiden are English. They did it at MH, makes no sense.

Wasn't the one at Iron Maiden started because bruce said something about Scottish people or England or something? I thought it was quite funny to be honest.

At machinehead though? That's a strange one....

Oh and people who shout "here we, here we, here we f*cking go". Please piss right off. It's a metal gig, you're not marching over the border FFS dry.gif

Greenied.

I absolute fucking HATE that chant. It's the worst in gig history. It was chanted every 2 minutes at TiTP.

It should never be chanted anywhere at any time by anyone

Edited by Mik

Wasn't the one at Iron Maiden started because bruce said something about Scottish people or England or something? I thought it was quite funny to be honest.

At machinehead though? That's a strange one....

Probably something like that, or he brought out a British flag or something. Can't remember but it did make a bit of sense.

On Monday night it didn't. MH had walked off stage, briefly, when it started. Some people are fucking idiots.

I also saw a guy in a Rangers top with a poppy sewed on, didn't realise they actually sold them to the public. Bit of a strange purchase, only really relevant one weekend of the year...

I've heard this at 3 or 4 MH shows now - first time was on the TTAOE tour at the barras.

I hardly ever go to gigs anymore, so no idea if this is prevalent at other metal shows - I don't see any reason why it would be a Machine Head thing?

The first time I heard it at the barras, was after MH had finished, and walked off stage. While waiting for the inevitable encore, a pocket of guys just started singing it and it seemed like the whole place joined in. Also seemed alot louder being in a smaller venue rather than the SECC.

When the band came back out for the encore, Robb was asking what was that you were singing/no other places sing back to us etc, which is probably why it has continued to be sung.

f**k knows why or when it started though.

Aye, tbh I wasn't that bothered about them. Not as much as other people seemed to be, but harsh jeering and booing some kids on stage.

Flower of Scotland is a daft thing to sing but why not. Doubt many of them get out much.

Yeah, I felt the same. So much so that I arrived at 9 to avoid seeing them. Pretty simple tbh. It's not as if it's a festival where it can be quite difficult to get to the front so you might need to stand through a band to see the one you want, that's not true for a gig. Absolutely no need to sit and watch them only to boo them.

Probably, loved when Flynn mentioned that there would only be like 40 girls there. I did see a lot more girls than I have seen at past metal gigs. Obviously Machine Head bring the sexy factor to metal ph34r.gif

Anyone else at DotF III last night then?

Didn't see too much of Inscence. Rise to Remain still don't do anything for me. Ghost were as expected an interesting band to see live. I've tried listening to their stuff but I just can't get into it. However live it was completely different. I wonder if they are one of these bands due to the their visual nature are better live then on a studio recording.

In Flames were really good. As you'd expect the set list was dominated by the new album and while it the other songs were crowd pleaser from their recent back catalogue I was disappointed that there wasn't one song from Clayman or earlier. I think it just highlights the need for them to do a proper UK headlining tour sooner rather then later.

I enjoyed the Trivium set list. It seemed well balanced and compared to In Flames the new stuff from In Waves was rather sparse.

Anyone else at DotF III last night then?

Didn't see too much of Inscence. Rise to Remain still don't do anything for me. Ghost were as expected an interesting band to see live. I've tried listening to their stuff but I just can't get into it. However live it was completely different. I wonder if they are one of these bands due to the their visual nature are better live then on a studio recording.

In Flames were really good. As you'd expect the set list was dominated by the new album and while it the other songs were crowd pleaser from their recent back catalogue I was disappointed that there wasn't one song from Clayman or earlier. I think it just highlights the need for them to do a proper UK headlining tour sooner rather then later.

I enjoyed the Trivium set list. It seemed well balanced and compared to In Flames the new stuff from In Waves was rather sparse.

I was there. The gig was pretty so so for me.

Missed Inscense as I didn't get in until after they were finished. Rise To Remain were OK, nothing special but not rubbish either. Ghost were pretty f*cked up, but in a good way. I dunno what I was expecting when they walked on and I thought to myself "this is gonna be really awful", but I ended up really enjoying them. The guitar riffs were catchy but I have no idea what the lyrics were half the time.

In Flames, which I have never heard before, were quite excellent and I will definitely be checking out some of their stuff. Trivium were disappointing TBH which put a dampener on the whole thing cos that's who I was there to see. They were great set list wise and put in a lot of effort, but the sound just wasn't great for me. I dunno what it was, but half the time it just sounded like a rabble and on a couple of occasions it took a while to realise what song was being played! The new stuff from In Waves sounded excellent though.

I was there. The gig was pretty so so for me.

Missed Inscense as I didn't get in until after they were finished. Rise To Remain were OK, nothing special but not rubbish either. Ghost were pretty f*cked up, but in a good way. I dunno what I was expecting when they walked on and I thought to myself "this is gonna be really awful", but I ended up really enjoying them. The guitar riffs were catchy but I have no idea what the lyrics were half the time.

In Flames, which I have never heard before, were quite excellent and I will definitely be checking out some of their stuff. Trivium were disappointing TBH which put a dampener on the whole thing cos that's who I was there to see. They were great set list wise and put in a lot of effort, but the sound just wasn't great for me. I dunno what it was, but half the time it just sounded like a rabble and on a couple of occasions it took a while to realise what song was being played! The new stuff from In Waves sounded excellent though.

Can't believe you've never heard any In Flames before :blink: In Flames was basically the main reason I got my ticket for DotF III.

Clayman is one of my favourite albums of all time. Get that album :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53bAT_SfTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x_DgG1vbRA

In a way its probably a great time to get into a band as they have a pretty big back catalogue to work your way through.

For those that don't know/ are intrested Alestorm are playing the Garage on the 10th Feb. Should be a belter.Tickets are a bargin at £12.50 as well!

Edited by superwell87

Can't believe you've never heard any In Flames before :blink: In Flames was basically the main reason I got my ticket for DotF III.

Clayman is one of my favourite albums of all time. Get that album :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53bAT_SfTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x_DgG1vbRA

In a way its probably a great time to get into a band as they have a pretty big back catalogue to work your way through.

claymans awesome but also love reroute to remain and latest cd but got all there cds

heard a few songs from Mastodons new cd, is it recommended for me or whats there best cd?? ( have 1 so far leviathan) also what would people recoomend best lamb of god cd??

"Ashes of the Wake" album. It's fucking brilliant :D