The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Christmas and my birthday have been a success on the metal front, been given a few CDs I've been meaning to get for a while. Avantasia's Metal Opera, Crowbar's Odd Fellows Rest. Disturbed's Asylum and Coat of Arms by Sabaton, which is an absolute belter of an album.

Quick Question. Probably a tad stupid but I bought a download ticket pre christmas and was meant to be buying my soni ticket with Christmas cash plus next pay.

However, my problem is that ticketmaster is saying there are no tickets for soni left. Is this soni sold out? or just the early birds? will more be going on sale later in the year?. Would be gutted if I missed Soni :(

Quick Question. Probably a tad stupid but I bought a download ticket pre christmas and was meant to be buying my soni ticket with Christmas cash plus next pay.

However, my problem is that ticketmaster is saying there are no tickets for soni left. Is this soni sold out? or just the early birds? will more be going on sale later in the year?. Would be gutted if I missed Soni :(

I think that's just the early bird tickets, can't see it being sold out already

Both of the Metal Operas, or just the first one? Either way, fantastic albums!

Both of them, fantastic as you say. biggrin.gif

Dinnae ken if this has been posted.

20th March Sonata Arctica At the Garage 15 pounds.

https://tiga.simbiot...53-12313b076c61

Got my tickets when they went on sale, having only seen them at Bloodstock I'm looking forward to seeing them in a relatively small venue.

Both of them, fantastic as you say. biggrin.gif

I honestly believe they get better with time. I thought they were good at first, but now I view them as classics. Essential listening fellow Metal fans!

Dinnae ken if this has been posted.

20th March Sonata Arctica At the Garage 15 pounds.

https://tiga.simbiot...53-12313b076c61

Went and got my ticket, expecting it to be number 30 at most, as is usually the case when buying gig tickets a few months in advance, turns out it's number 115. This looks like it might sell out.

Speaking of power metal, I'm listening to Cain's Offering for the first time today, and they're great!

Jani Liimatainen and Timo Kotipleto sounds like a match made in heaven, but I found Cain's Offering to be a bit "meh" Morpheus in a Masquerade, Dawn of Solace, More than Friends and maybe Queen of Winter aside, I didn't like the album much.

News from The Haunted

Album Title revealed "UNSEEN"So the work's done. We hope to pour music and inspiration into your heads.

The record is called “Unseen” and will be hitting stores in March 2011.

We spent a month and a half with Tue Madsen, who brought out the best in

everyone and did an incredible job mixing. Pretty much that's it right now folks.

Merry mutherfuckin xmas and we all have an incredible year ahead of us! Peace!

/Peter

:D :D :D can't wait!

I've been listening to Mabool by Orphaned Land for the past week constantly. I always thought it was a decent album but have listened to it so much this week I keep hearing new things I didn't notice before, I love it when you find an album that is rewarding with each listen. Its certainly the best album I've heard based on the flood myth :lol: