The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

A band worth checking out for some is Evile, im not a massive fan but I can see why they are getting some hype. I have both their albums on my Ipod and they're not bad at all.

Pretty certain I saw these guys at Sonisphere this year, from what I remember they were pretty good.

Whilst my interest in metal has cooled somewhat over the last few months there is always space in my listening week for Opeth, Met and LOG.

My first Opeth experience was in the Garage on the Deliverance/Damnation tour whilst I first saw Metallica in Dublin, 2003. I popped my Lamb of God cherry at the QMU in 2005 i think. Devildriver supported that night and it was particularly brutal.

Whilst my interest in metal has cooled somewhat over the last few months there is always space in my listening week for Opeth, Met and LOG.

My first Opeth experience was in the Garage on the Deliverance/Damnation tour whilst I first saw Metallica in Dublin, 2003. I popped my Lamb of God cherry at the QMU in 2005 i think. Devildriver supported that night and it was particularly brutal.

I'd love to see them in a venue of that size. I've seen them twice at festivals and supporting Dream Theater at the SECC and while they've been excellent every time, I'd like to see them in a more intimate venue.

Changing sub-genre, any Sabaton fans on here?

I'd love to see them in a venue of that size. I've seen them twice at festivals and supporting Dream Theater at the SECC and while they've been excellent every time, I'd like to see them in a more intimate venue.

Changing sub-genre, any Sabaton fans on here?

No, but they're touring with Alestorm and are playing Glasgow tomorrow eh?

I got tickets for Scotland vs Spain, so i'm gutted i'm going to miss this sad.gif

oh and to add: I seen Opeth a few years back on the Defenders of the Faith tour with Arch Enemy and Devildriver. I was only there for Devildriver right enough but Opeth were pretty grand. It was in the barras. I thought Arch Enemy were superb that night as well.

rob-K-300.jpg

Rob Zombie UK Tour – 2011

16th February – London O2 Academy Brixton

17th February – Manchester Academy

18th February – Newcastle O2 Academy

20th February – Glasgow O2 Academy

21st February – Leeds O2 Academy

22nd February – Birmingham O2 Academy

The Grammy nominated founder of White Zombie, film director of 1000 Corpses, The Devil’s Rejects, the 2007 remake of Halloween: Rob Zombie if finally returning to these shores after a 12 year absence.

The wait is now over as the full american stage show comes to the UK.

Supports: Skindred, Revoker

Tickets on-sale 9am Friday 15th October

:D well happy he's bringing his full tour show! Also, Revoker as the support is nice...not really into skindred though...can't wait!

I love Rob Zombie and White Zombie beforehand, but seen White Zombie live and they were fucking diabolical. Lots of backing track through the PA and Rob Zombie struggling with the vocals like you wouldn't believe while knackered from running around the stage.

Not fussed in the slightest even though I love his music. Will be surprised if theres any need for the pre-sale.

Edited by Al B

I love Rob Zombie and White Zombie beforehand, but seen White Zombie live and they were fucking diabolical. Lots of backing track through the PA and Rob Zombie struggling with the vocals like you wouldn't believe while knackered from running around the stage.

Not fussed in the slightest even though I love his music. Will be surprised if theres any need for the pre-sale.

London and manc sold out today and so did the standing tickets on most of the venues incl. Glasgow, and it only went on sale at 9 this morning.

Metal bands are majority of the group of bands I listen to, but I'm into what i like no matter what it is.

Been listening to a lot of Iron Maiden these last couple of weeks. I forgot just how good an album 'Brave New World' is.

Any news of an upcoming tour? Still haven't managed to catch them live yet (shameful I know).

That is a very good album to say the least, my personal favourite. Maidens Final Frontier was decent effort, but still not really got into it.

I really hope they do tour, as I am another that has not managed to catch them live.

I just hope Maiden play Download next year. Didn't have enough cash to go to Sonisphere since I was already going to Donington.

Instead of spending all that cash on Download, you should just spend less on going to a better festival! Like Metalcamp. Best fest i've ever been to. ridiculously hot weather with an amazingly cold/ refreshing river that runs through the bar area. knocks the hangover right out of you! Usually got a good line-up too. Although V. unlikely Maiden would play. The fact they played fests this summer makes it's highly unlikely they will be playing any fests at all next year.

Instead of spending all that cash on Download, you should just spend less on going to a better festival! Like Metalcamp. Best fest i've ever been to. ridiculously hot weather with an amazingly cold/ refreshing river that runs through the bar area. knocks the hangover right out of you! Usually got a good line-up too. Although V. unlikely Maiden would play. The fact they played fests this summer makes it's highly unlikely they will be playing any fests at all next year.

Looking at past lineups, metalcamp doesn't really cater for my tastes apart from 1 or 2 bands. I'm sure its grand though. I've always wanted to do a European festival...maybe graspop or wacken. Depends on lineups really....

Just looked at the lineups that have played it and Slayer would be the only band I would actively pay money to go and see. God damn you Mik. It was a bit too heavy with bands like Bodom and Cannibal Corpse.

Whereas from the past two Download lineups I would pay to see: Slipknot, Faith No More, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, Suicidal Tendencies, Pendulum, Deftones, Megadeth, Chris Cornell. The ones in bold are the bands I have paid to see outside of fests.

Not if they are in the middle of a European tour and happen to be playing the UK around that time.

Edited by forehead7