The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

On 10/07/2022 at 14:48, Al B said:

Howdy lads! Wee bit of a plug-time if you don't mind...

As some on the forum might know through the various instrument threads, I'm a musician, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I've had a fair bit of time away from releasing music, but spent most of lockdown turning my loft into a studio, and I'm officially back in the saddle. I've just released a new single called Better Days that you can get on the usual streaming services at this link here - https://sng.to/bastian2 and will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks. Would be amazing if you added me to your playlists on whatever platform you use, if you like what you hear!

As well as that I've also launched my Youtube channel where i'll be uploading a video weekly, music vids, covers, q&a's etc etc. Check out upload 1 below which is a lyric video for Better Days, would massively appreciate all you guitar-based legends taking a look/listen, and doing all the cliche'd like/subscribe/share/comment stuff as it's the algorithm learning who you are and whether you're worth recommending, that really makes a difference!

Lastly, please recommend me to friends/family that you think might like my stuff (even if you don't haha), as I say this is all a massive help and is the best way to support.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy!

That was actually enjoyable,  kind of sounded a bit like godsmack.

On 10/07/2022 at 14:48, Al B said:

Howdy lads! Wee bit of a plug-time if you don't mind...

As some on the forum might know through the various instrument threads, I'm a musician, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I've had a fair bit of time away from releasing music, but spent most of lockdown turning my loft into a studio, and I'm officially back in the saddle. I've just released a new single called Better Days that you can get on the usual streaming services at this link here - https://sng.to/bastian2 and will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks. Would be amazing if you added me to your playlists on whatever platform you use, if you like what you hear!

As well as that I've also launched my Youtube channel where i'll be uploading a video weekly, music vids, covers, q&a's etc etc. Check out upload 1 below which is a lyric video for Better Days, would massively appreciate all you guitar-based legends taking a look/listen, and doing all the cliche'd like/subscribe/share/comment stuff as it's the algorithm learning who you are and whether you're worth recommending, that really makes a difference!

Lastly, please recommend me to friends/family that you think might like my stuff (even if you don't haha), as I say this is all a massive help and is the best way to support.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy!

This was very good! Subscribed 👍

On 20/07/2022 at 00:25, 8MileBU said:

This was very good! Subscribed 👍

Ahhh thank you my friend, very kind of you! 🙌

Please do spread the word if you can, appreciate the support!

• 3 weeks later...

Duno how much love there will be for Noel Gallagher in this thread, but thought you good folks might like what I've done with it, so have a wee swatch if you have time. Also please subscribe if you haven't already....no-one makes any money in music anymore sadly (on Spotify a song needs 5000 streams just to make back what it costs for me to put it on there in the first place), so subscribing to a channel and interacting in there really does help. Its the best way to support a new artist as the algorithm picks up the activity and the more it learns people seem interested, the more it starts to push you and suggest you to others. Cheers for any support as always!

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, George Parr said:

That new Machine Head album is far superior to the last pile of muck they put out. Very much looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.

I was a wee bit disappointed in it on first listen but more because they’d already released the best songs on it apart from Bloodshot. Still a thousand times better than Catharsis though but not a patch on BME or The Blackening. Would put it on par with Locust and Bloodstone.

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I was a wee bit disappointed in it on first listen but more because they’d already released the best songs on it apart from Bloodshot. Still a thousand times better than Catharsis though but not a patch on BME or The Blackening. Would put it on par with Locust and Bloodstone.

Agreed, it's a solid release whereas BME/The Blackening are masterpieces.

23 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Agreed, it's a solid release whereas BME/The Blackening are masterpieces.

Going to see them in Edinburgh a week today. Would expect they’ll play a few numbers off Kingdom & Crown but hopefully plenty of classics, maybe even a cover or two. I actually tweeted Robb a couple weeks back and asked if they’d batter out a cover of The Exploited since they’re in Edinburgh. Never replied though! 😄

Edited by 8MileBU

On 30/08/2022 at 10:00, 8MileBU said:

Going to see them in Edinburgh a week today.

I'll be there as well but really can't be arsed. My mate bought 3 tickets a while back (with no warning, just assumed me and another friend would be up for it) and I had completely forgotten about it until he messaged me yesterday asking what the plans were. I seen them pre COVID in Glasgow when they done Burn My Eyes in it's entirity which was fun and in terms of seeing them that would have done me. 

11 hours ago, Raithie said:

I'll be there as well but really can't be arsed. My mate bought 3 tickets a while back (with no warning, just assumed me and another friend would be up for it) and I had completely forgotten about it until he messaged me yesterday asking what the plans were. I seen them pre COVID in Glasgow when they done Burn My Eyes in it's entirity which was fun and in terms of seeing them that would have done me. 

Cool, you’ll enjoy it when you’re there. I’ll be the baldish c**t in the black and green Exploited tshirt if you want to say hello. Was reading about the Garage gig in Glasgow last night and seems they kicked off with a cover of Creeping Death. They’ve always been great live band and still get excited when they bring a new album out because you know those songs are gonna be even heavier played live. I’m a total fanboy though. I was 14 when BME came out and have fucking loved Machine Head ever since. I even forgive them for The Burning Red and Supercharger because Blood Sweat Tears, From This Day and Bulldozer are solid tunes and in with the “greatest hits” now and quality live. Catharsis can get in the bin though it’s awful, but you can almost forgive Robb Flynn for that one since they’re a solid back catalogue and he’s still got it in him to write some potential belters. 

Edited by 8MileBU

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Cool, you’ll enjoy it when you’re there. I’ll be the baldish c**t in the black and green Exploited tshirt if you want to say hello. Was reading about the Garage gig in Glasgow last night and seems they kicked off with a cover of Creeping Death. They’ve always been great live band and still get excited when they bring a new album out because you know those songs are gonna be even heavier played live. I’m a total fanboy though. I was 14 when BME came out and have fucking loved Machine Head ever since. I even forgive them for The Burning Red and Supercharger because Blood Sweat Tears, From This Day and Bulldozer are solid tunes and in with the “greatest hits” now and quality live. Catharsis can get in the bin though it’s awful, but you can almost forgive Robb Flynn for that one since they’re a solid back catalogue and he’s still got it in him to write some potential belters. 

Aye I'm suspecting after a few beers and the tunes start I'll be having fun. I've only just skimmed the new album and there was a couple of decent tracks but it sounds like their 'singles' they released were the best of the bunch. I'll need to give it a better listen ahead of Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Aye I'm suspecting after a few beers and the tunes start I'll be having fun. I've only just skimmed the new album and there was a couple of decent tracks but it sounds like their 'singles' they released were the best of the bunch. I'll need to give it a better listen ahead of Tuesday.

Aye the singles released ahead of the album are probably the best songs on it but I’d add Bloodshot to that. Good tune.

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Was reading about the Garage gig in Glasgow last night and seems they kicked off with a cover of Creeping Death
Catharsis can get in the bin though

Was at The Garage gig on Wednesday, attached the setlist. Did start with Creeping Death and none of Catharsis. Unsure if the setlist will be the same though, due to the nature of the gigs. I know they have to co-ordinate lighting cues and everything, but the Electric Happy Hour shows they've done online are all just messing about and playing what they feel like. I'm sure at one point Robb said "Have we played anything from...?" and Matt suggested the next track. (Think it was Desire To Fire).

I'm still buzzing tbh cause I stuck around and met them for the first time afterwards (and still had time to get the last train!). Also, they did have a tshirt with just the Scottish dates and a Saltire on the back but they only had small sizes by the time I got to merch after the gig. It's ok in length, but not very wide.

Setlist.png

15 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Was at The Garage gig on Wednesday, attached the setlist. Did start with Creeping Death and none of Catharsis. Unsure if the setlist will be the same though, due to the nature of the gigs. I know they have to co-ordinate lighting cues and everything, but the Electric Happy Hour shows they've done online are all just messing about and playing what they feel like. I'm sure at one point Robb said "Have we played anything from...?" and Matt suggested the next track. (Think it was Desire To Fire).

I'm still buzzing tbh cause I stuck around and met them for the first time afterwards (and still had time to get the last train!). Also, they did have a tshirt with just the Scottish dates and a Saltire on the back but they only had small sizes by the time I got to merch after the gig. It's ok in length, but not very wide.

Setlist.png

Going by their social media posts it seems there’s a real possibility that the setlist could pretty much be anything. They were in Inverness last night so be interesting to see what the setlist for that show was. That’s a pretty solid setlist from Glasgow though so would be happy even if they went with that in Edinburgh too. Re the lighting cues - they’ll probably be pre-programmed by song, so their staff probably just need the setlist before the show.

ETA: Looks like Inverness was another mashup of songs with a few more covers in the set. 

C5F952A4-2F9E-4BFF-8673-8457F7B31F68.png

Edited by 8MileBU

39 minutes ago, K.T said:

I’m going to see Machine Head in Dundee tonight. What was the deal at the other gigs? Any support bands or just a couple hours of them banging out tunes? What time did they go on?

I was at the show in Glasgow - no support, on at about 8pm and finished at 10pm (standard finishing time for The Garage).