The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

1 minute ago, mrcat1990 said:

Sorry to bother folks again but someone offering me a special lanyard ticket at retail. Says there is no printout and this is the special ticket. Checked ticketmaster and does seem something like this was sold but would assume would have a printout also. Anyone confirm or deny if legit? received_1081394765546572.jpegreceived_457607821813016.jpeg

I have the exact same thing as my ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 11:36, mrcat1990 said:

Sorry to bother folks again but someone offering me a special lanyard ticket at retail. Says there is no printout and this is the special ticket. Checked ticketmaster and does seem something like this was sold but would assume would have a printout also. Anyone confirm or deny if legit? received_1081394765546572.jpegreceived_457607821813016.jpeg

Did you go to the gig?

As usual seeing Slipknot live was a blast.  Was a surprise to not get Spit It Out but there was plenty of cracking songs I'd probably not heard in ages or ever heard live like New Abortion. 

Did you go to the gig?
As usual seeing Slipknot live was a blast.  Was a surprise to not get Spit It Out but there was plenty of cracking songs I'd probably not heard in ages or ever heard live like New Abortion. 
Indeed i did.

The songs off Iowa were insane, Disasterpeices in particular. Would've liked some of the bangers off Gray Chapter in place of Duality and Before I Forget but otherwise hugely enjoyable night. Necks only just recovered.

Mates bought us tickets for In Flames at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh in April. Used to love In Flames back in the day but newer material not really up my street. Bonus with it being a Saturday and in Edinburgh. Chance for a few beers and a night out in the capital I suppose.

Sean Reinhert former drummer of Cynic & Death has passed away aged 48. Reinhert played in Cynic from 1987 until their initial breakup in 1994 which included the seminal album 'Focus'. He took part in the bands reformation in 2007 but left in 2015. His stint in Death was playing on the band's 1991 album Human which also included Cynic bandmate Paul Masvidal. Besides being a part of two legendary progressive/death metal acts Reinhert played in progressive rock band Æon Spoke alongside longtime bandmate Paul Masividal, shortlived post-Cynic band Portal & after leaving Cynic in 2015 played with progressive rock band Perfect Beings.

https://www.theprp.com/2020/01/25/news/drummer-sean-reinert-ex-death-cynic-dead-at-48/

I did enjoy a bit of Cynic, and Death's Human would probably make my top 10 albums.

Always feel curiously impotent when someone dies who created something I've enjoyed. Hopefully plenty of other people had the chance to thank him for his work; artists ought to know they've been appreciated before they go.

Darkness Guide Is is going to 3 days this year. My hotel is reserved already, not going for the scabby Premier Inn moving to the Alexander Thomson which is a tiny bit closer (and specially closer to the Solid Rock Cafe).

Announced so far:

Deitus

Necronautical

Malum

Can Bardd

Asagraum

Kalmankantaja

Alfahanne

Blaze of Perdition

Vanhelga

Misþyrming

Moribund Oblivion

Taake

Kampfar

So sad about Reed. I was lucky to see COC on a good number of occasions. One of the best was early 90s when they played the Edinburgh Venue as guests to DRI.

I was doing the lights  for both bands (I am not and never have been a lighting engineer!) from a desk on the bar at the back on my own and during DRI set I suddenly felt more hair around me than normal. I looked up and saw both Reed and another member of the band head banging next to me! They said they felt bad that I was rocking out doing the lights on my own so deserved some company! They were absolute gems. So friendly and down to earth. Always sad to hear of another talent passing and one who was very nice certainly to me.

RIP 

So sad about Reed. I was lucky to see COC on a good number of occasions. One of the best was early 90s when they played the Edinburgh Venue as guests to DRI.
I was doing the lights  for both bands (I am not and never have been a lighting engineer!) from a desk on the bar at the back on my own and during DRI set I suddenly felt more hair around me than normal. I looked up and saw both Reed and another member of the band head banging next to me! They said they felt bad that I was rocking out doing the lights on my own so deserved some company! They were absolute gems. So friendly and down to earth. Always sad to hear of another talent passing and one who was very nice certainly to me.
RIP 

A great band but only managed to see Corrosion of Conformity live once, when they supported the mighty Metallica the very first time I seen them at The Barrowlands.

• 2 weeks later...

That was some night. The only time I've ever felt a bit uneasy at a gig, as it was almost too hot to breathe. Mind seeing condensation running down the walls.
I was so soaked I actually had to buy a bootleg t shirt outside afterwards.
After kipping on someone's sofa, I would like to hereby apologise to everyone on the Glasgow to Perth bus the next morning for my galactic scale b.o...

A great band but only managed to see Corrosion of Conformity live once, when they supported the mighty Metallica the very first time I seen them at The Barrowlands.

Starting to get the feeling LotL isn't happening this year.  Only three bands announced and those were announced by November. No venue confirmed either and the obvious ones - Barrowlands and SWG3 are booked already on the 4th of April already.

There was the post below but 2 weeks on and no further updates.  Hopefully I'm proven wrong and they get a few more bands added to what was a promising line up and a venue sorted.   

Thankfully Damnation seemed poised to announce details of this years festival.