The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Think last night would’ve been my 14th time seeing MH live I think but yeah, they’ve always been a really good live band. For me, since Phil and Dave left they’re just not Machine Head anymore, albeit I know neither were founding members.

If you’ve seen them that many times you’ve probably didn’t miss anything too much you haven’t seen before, but then you obviously enjoy them and would do again even with the new line up.

You mention the guys leaving but the BME section was played with the same line up as 94 and tho you joked it was the robb Flynn show its pretty much always been that way.

It’s interesting to not that the new song didn’t get an airing I suspect despite his protests Flynn realised its not that great and will be forgotten about in years to come.

If you’ve seen them that many times you’ve probably didn’t miss anything too much you haven’t seen before, but then you obviously enjoy them and would do again even with the new line up.

You mention the guys leaving but the BME section was played with the same line up as 94 and tho you joked it was the robb Flynn show its pretty much always been that way.

It’s interesting to not that the new song didn’t get an airing I suspect despite his protests Flynn realised its not that great and will be forgotten about in years to come.

That was kind of how I was thinking tbh. Seen them loads of times and knew it wasn’t that likely they’d play anything I hadn’t seen them play before. The BME thing felt a little bit forced and a little bit ‘novelty act’ for me, and it was that which pretty much what put me off. Would Mader and Kontos even have got so much as a thought if Demmell and McClain hadn’t left? I have my doubts.

Had Kontos and Mader been returning to the band permanently I think it might’ve appealed to me more with them being original members and in the band way back when 15 year old me seen Machine Head live for the first time. However, as a live band, for me, even the original line up weren’t a patch on the band with Demmell and McClain. Album wise as well, other than BME and 3 songs off TMTC, Machine Head pretty much sucked until Demmell came into the fold for TTAOE, and The Blackening will forever be Machine Head’s best work and line-up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bother folks again but someone offering me a special lanyard ticket at retail. Says there is no printout and this is the special ticket. Checked ticketmaster and does seem something like this was sold but would assume would have a printout also. Anyone confirm or deny if legit? received_1081394765546572.jpegreceived_457607821813016.jpeg