The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I finally got to watching Until the Light Takes Us possibly to get more on Varg/Euronymous instead I get Varg talking about crispy cornflakes.

Uh, ok.

On 07/08/2019 at 13:45, Al B said:

Well, that new Tool song is incredibly dull.

They are one of my top 3 bands of all time, but that's just utterly underwhelming and sounds like someone else trying to write a Tool song, taking all their little trademarks and playing them for 10 minutes.

Apparently the album is 9 tracks in total, 2 being extended intros with 7 proper songs, although the whole thing clocks in at around 80 minutes which is their longest yet.

I do like their atmospheric side but for it to not just sound like indulgent meandering, it has to be intertwined and wound around things like Sober, The Grudge, Parabola, Schism, Stinkfist, Lateralus, The Pot etc.

Releasing Fear Innoculum first would have been like releasing Reflection as the lead single from Lateralus...works in the context of the album, but an album full of it would get turned off halfway through track 2.

Hoping for more from the rest.

So, to the surprise of absolutely no-one, and as is to be expected....I am now completely full circle on this. It's a masterpiece and I can't wait for the album.

Anyone have any joy with Slipknot tickets this morning? I was refreshing from 08:55, hit buy tickets as soon as it appeared at 9, was placed in a queue then standing was gone when it allowed me through.

Had a ticket in my basket and was about to checkout but time I got there it said sold out. Looks like I’m going to have to try my luck tomorrow....

Slipknot standing sold out despite being in at 9 on three different devices. They are naturally already available on Ticketmaster’s own resale sites for more than 2x face value.

That ends any chance of being able to enjoy Tool today, or anything fucking else for that matter.

25 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Slipknot standing sold out despite being in at 9 on three different devices. They are naturally already available on Ticketmaster’s own resale sites for more than 2x face value.

That ends any chance of being able to enjoy Tool today, or anything fucking else for that matter.

Pretty much the same for me. Managed to buy one in seating section 056.

Anyone know how easy it is to sneak in to standing from there? 😂

26 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Pretty much the same for me. Managed to buy one in seating section 056.

Anyone know how easy it is to sneak in to standing from there? 😂

You might be OK.

I had a level 0 seated ticket for The Prodigy and you entered the arena through the same doors as the folk with standing tickets so I obviously never bothered with my seat.

There are standing tickets for Slipknot but its VIP - https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/slipknot-vip-packages-glasgow-18-01-2020/event/360057178E7E0D68

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

You might be OK.

I had a level 0 seated ticket for The Prodigy and you entered the arena through the same doors as the folk with standing tickets so I obviously never bothered with my seat.

There are standing tickets for Slipknot but its VIP - https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/slipknot-vip-packages-glasgow-18-01-2020/event/360057178E7E0D68

Ah excellent, that’s what I was hoping would be the case.

You might be OK.

I have seated level 0 tickets too and that’s what I was hoping for [emoji848][emoji848]

Haven't listened to full Tool album but just in part. It's no departure, it's very much a Tool album and I'm absolutely fine with that. So far pretty fucking solid without being spectacular.

It’s much less Maynard and literally no screaming at all but I don’t think his voice could do that now. Musically it sounds brilliant though and will definitely be in my albums of the year.

Really good month for heavy music.

While there's some Tool chat going on, does anyone else enjoy investigating all the secret stuff on their albums? Littles clues that reveal alternate track listings etc...for example most Tool fans know about The Holy Gift version of Lateralus, and the hidden track on 10,000 days?