The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

So what's everyone's opinion on the Lords of Chaos movie?
Hands up, I'm a 90's NBM nerd, and I realise there's a serious TROO KVLT negative response to it, but I liked it. So many moments capturing iconic photographs and so on.
The violence is unflinching and "real" in a horrible way. I understand Greifi Grishnakh had nothing to do with it, which is regretful, as Euronymous was a deeply flawed guy too.
I got the book way back when it came out and it was fascinating relating the ins and outs of the court cases etc. I have Jon Kristiansen's "Slayer Mag Diaries" magnum opus which is as on-the-spot as is possible to get.

Finally got round to watching it. Dead’s suicide was tough to watch.

Yep. I've obviously known about it since then, and seen the photo a million times but it was still totally shocking.

Ditto. From the many interviews I’ve read and watched over the years I think the movie did a good job at capturing a lot of what went on. The guy that played Varg though was so fucking cringeworthy at times and the lack of Norwegian accent was infuriating :P

Ditto. From the many interviews I’ve read and watched over the years I think the movie did a good job at capturing a lot of what went on. The guy that played Varg though was so fucking cringeworthy at times and the lack of Norwegian accent was infuriating default_tongue.png
Just booked a weekend in Bergen in October!
No bands playing and it'll be more fjord than powerchord based, but still!