The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

On 5/26/2019 at 16:06, Del79 said:

Two of my favourite albums this year.

Never heard of warrior path before, had a quick listen and will listen better later.

Cheers for posting.

Alexisonfire at the Ally Pally tonight were fuuuuuucking phenomenal as always. It's pretty common for people to lose shoes at gigs...losing glasses isnt unusual. Im fairly sure i'm one of the first to come out and realise i've lost the contact lenses that were IN MY EYES.

12th time seeing them, my favourite band of all time. They were absolutely on it tonight, im absolutely shattered.

Im fairly sure i'm one of the first to come out and realise i've lost the contact lenses that were IN MY EYES.

We’ll call it a draw as this has happened to me many years ago. Boy was crowd surfing and he somehow managed to jab his finger in my eye and my contact lense came out. Granted it was only one lense so if you lost both then you’ve trumped me :P

Anyone watched any videos from the Rick Beato channel?

I've always had an ear for picking out interesting bits of songs that I really enjoy but my actual musical ability/knowledge is pretty much non-existent so the few videos I've watched so far have been really interesting.

DId anyone here pay Donington a visit this year? Five days after getting home and still in pain, I can definitely conclude I’m getting too old for the 5 day camping part of festivals.

As a whole it’s not the greatest Download I’ve been to, in that it lacked an absolute smash it out the park going down in history set a la any Rammstein performance or Slipknot 2009. Despite that it still had iconic moments with Slayer’s last ever UK set, Power Trip and Behemoth getting outrageously large crowds and Tool for the first time in 13 years, and the consistent quality of the sets I watched was properly outrageous. Usually at any festival there’s someone you want to see who disappoints but every single band I actually care about as opposed to ‘aye, I wouldn’t mind watching them’ served up an 8/10 performance at a minimum. Best I’ve seen Slipknot in the many times I’ve seen them since the aforementioned 09 set, if I was forced to pick a band of the weekend I’d probably have to go for Trivium but the quality throughout the weekend would make trying to narrow down a top five futile.

On festivals, this morning Manowar fucked off in a huff from Hellfest 12 hours before they were supposed to be headlining it. What a shower of diva c***s.

On festivals, this morning Manowar fucked off in a huff from Hellfest 12 hours before they were supposed to be headlining it. What a shower of diva c***s.

Joey DeMaio deemed the crowd & organisers to be posers & not true to metal imo

17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Joey DeMaio deemed the crowd & organisers to be posers & not true to metal imo

Considering that Manowar left the hall they are not getting away with calling anyone else wimps and posers at the moment.

Sabaton filled in their slot despite having played the night before as well. Joakim Broden’s voice went during the set and they carried with the guitarists taking over the vocals as “they didn’t want to let people down.” SHOTS FIRED

On 19/06/2019 at 14:50, DavieCFC said:

Metallica in Manchester was great as always.

Got fucking soaked though

On 22/06/2019 at 09:26, 8MileBU said:

^^^This.

Think I ended drinking a beer/rain cocktail during For Whom The Bell Tolls! IMG_9090.jpg

On the flipside, Metallica at Twickenham were hugely disappointing. Sound was terrible... boomy, muffled and just had no clarity at all. Atmosphere was fairly flat barring a couple of individual moments. The worst i've ever seen them. Also, as much as I love them as a band I didn't think Ghost worked at all in that size of arena setting. Again the muffled and boomy sound probably didn't help, but it was so bad there were a couple of times it took me a fair bit of time into each song before I could tell which one it was. Again I do love the band but I think for their whole "schtick" to work it needs a level of intimacy....in an 80,000 seat outdoor stadium the whole thing just seemed a bit cringey and daft tbh.

Just as an aside, although its only concert related and not metal...Billy Joel at Wembley 2 days later was maybe the best thing i've ever seen. Absolutely spine-tingling at times

Edited by Al B

Metallica were pretty good Slane - sound was absolutely incredible. My only complaint (and similar to the Hydro in 2017) was the setlist being a bit heavy with mid-paced plodders.

I think back to the Wembley stadium gig in 2007 and the stunning set they played that evening - banger after banger:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2007/wembley-stadium-london-england-53d6e771.html

Metallica were pretty good Slane - sound was absolutely incredible. My only complaint (and similar to the Hydro in 2017) was the setlist being a bit heavy with mid-paced plodders.
I think back to the Wembley stadium gig in 2007 and the stunning set they played that evening - banger after banger:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2007/wembley-stadium-london-england-53d6e771.html

Was at that gig too. Awesome that night and so fucking loud. I also remember HIM getting booed off beforehand! [emoji1] Was never gonna work having them as the main support band, on after both Mastodon and Machine Head and before Metallica.

• 2 weeks later...

October & November already looking busy as ever for gigs, with Black Peaks, Killswitch Engage, Gloryhammer, Opeth, Machine Head, Periphery and Ghost (in the Hydro! Tribulation supporting!) already announced... and fucking Exhorder just announced a Glasgow show for 9 October. Exhorder!

• 2 weeks later...
October & November already looking busy as ever for gigs, with Black Peaks, Killswitch Engage, Gloryhammer, Opeth, Machine Head, Periphery and Ghost (in the Hydro! Tribulation supporting!) already announced... and fucking Exhorder just announced a Glasgow show for 9 October. Exhorder!
I am positively priapic for Exhorder already.