The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Some good gig news today.  Employed to Serve are supporting Bury Tomorrow at SWG3 in December.  I saw them at their gig at The Classic Grand the other week and any gig that results in people literally hanging from the ceiling is a good one as far as I care.

Also Code Orange are playing The Classic Grand in August.  I think this is an exclusive headlining gig as their playing Bloodstock that weekend.  I've seen them support The Dillenger Escape Plan in New York and Trivium at the Barrowlands so looking forward to seeing them do a headlining set.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1108798969316074/

Edited by NorthernLights

Was tempted but the price of digs and travel on top of the £100+ ticket was to much [emoji20] 

£100 tickets are just sickening. I’m quite happy to travel to gigs and will easily spend more when hotels and travel are included but I wouldn’t pay anyone that to play in my living room. It’s an utter piss take.

Was tempted but the price of digs and travel on top of the £100+ ticket was to much [emoji20] 

£100 tickets are just sickening. I’m quite happy to travel to gigs and will easily spend more when hotels and travel are included but I wouldn’t pay anyone that to play in my living room. It’s an utter piss take.

Fair points. Can’t argue with either really. Sadly I think it’s gonna be that way for the foreseeable for ‘big gigs’. Even for the low-production, mid-level type bands, a gig at the Academy or the line sets you back a minimum of about £50 these days.

Think it’s only due to Metallica being my favourite band I was willing to fork out and make it a couple of days away for me & the missus. I kind of treat gigs like they’re going to be my last nowadays as I’m at that age where bands I’m really into are fewer and fewer, or I’ve seen them before and not fussed about forking out £50+ beer & train money and suffering at work the next day (or wasting a days leave) for mediocre Tuesday night gigs at the Academy or the like.

Would really like Power Trip to come over and do a (reasonably priced!) gig here soon though.

It's a Saturday. They've added Stiff Little Fingers and Fangclub to make a 5 band bill. 
Gates at 2pm so should hopefully have an all-day feel.

Oh, wow, SLF’s a random but quality addition to the bill! Nice one.

Never heard of Fangclub.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Oh, wow, SLF’s a random but quality addition to the bill! Nice one.

Never heard of Fangclub.

Fangclub supported Volbeat in Glasgow last year. I had never heard of them before but someone told me they were like “an Irish Nirvana” which was pretty accurate!

I'm going to Metallica's Twickenham gig, and the ticket was only 67 quid.

As an aside, I'm going with my 65 year old mum :lol:. I'm taking her to see Billy Joel at Wembley (now THEY were some expensive tickets...) for her 65th birthday, and noticed the Metallica gig was the same weekend so I said "fancy it?" and she said..."why not!":lol:.

She's spent a lot of years in the same house as me growing up with Metallica, and sat with me in George Square til 3am while I waited on a bus to Donnington in 1995, so it will be a nice wee way to bring things full circle!

Fangclub supported Volbeat in Glasgow last year. I had never heard of them before but someone told me they were like “an Irish Nirvana” which was pretty accurate!

Have yet to see Volbeat also, but only if the price is right next time they’re around.

On 24/05/2019 at 23:47, IainMorton said:

Anyone at BFMV @ the Barras tonight? Thought they were excellent. Cancer Bats were decent support, too.

If id have known that was on i'd have definitely went. Seen Cancer Bats supporting Alexisonfire a couple of times, and BFMV are always fantastic.

As an aside, the new (ok I know he's not new any more) bass player in BFMV has one of the best metal voices in any band.