The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

• 2 weeks later...

LotL has moved from the Barrowlands to SWG3.

54206321-1726809167464590-46435107511331

Stage times have already been announced too.

11AM Doors
11.20AM - 11.50AM - Winterfylleth.
12.15 - 12.55 - Akercocke
13.20 - 14:00 - Annal Nathrakh
14:25 - 15:05 - Rotting Christ
15:30 - 16:10 - Belphegor
16.35 - 17:15 - The Black Dahlia Murder
17.40 - 18.30 - Tankard
19:00 - 20:00 - Coroner
20:30 - 22:00 - Electric Wizard

Going to be an early start for me as I'll be keen to catch Winterfylleth.

Edited by NorthernLights

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What in the name of Bruce Dickinson's epee is the "SWG3 Complex"?

It's just past the SECC. Seems to be picking up quite a few gigs at the moment. In Flames are playing there next month and Devin Townsend and Bury Tomorrow are playing there later in the year. Not been to it before so have no idea what it's like.

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Seen Fen a few times, and ImpNaz are always a laugh. Not really bothered by the rest of the lineup to fork out £82.50 for though.

There were a couple of bands that caught my eye but the one I want to see was Harakiri for the Sky.  As you said though £82 is a lot, especially with Damnation earlier in the month,

For me personally, one of the best metal/math-rock albums to come out in at least the last ten years or so. Rightfully given an 8/10 by my boy Anthony Fantano last year as well if that's an affirmation of quality for anyone! Saw them in Glasgow last month as well and apart from feeling far far too old for these kind of gigs they put on such an entertaining show! Favourite element of the album is the fact they're able to straddle a few different genres so well and still blast out some good ol shredz.

A wee bit off topic as there isn’t a Glam Rock thread. But the furore connected to the Netflix production The Dirt. The story of one of my favourite bands growing up Motley Crue. I watched it on Sunday and thought the acting was a bit shite. This is a no holds barred exclusive insight into a band that lived on the edge. Sorry if the poor liberals didn’t like it. But hey. Facts don’t care about your feelings. These guys lived it. And they wanted their truth out. To me it was about 3 young guys and Mick Mars haha. Hit fame and fortune too quickly, and the pitfalls that came with it. And with the Crue the pitfalls were all too common. I’m still amazed they’re still alive to tell the tale. Make of it what you will. It brought me back to 1983. Yup I’m old

Tempted by this, though I’ve seen them a ridiculous amount of times. Much was your ticket?

Ticket was £32.80. This will be the first of me seeing them but they were one of those bands who I got into when I first started listening to metal so worth ticking off the list, don’t know why I’ve waited so long. From what I’ve read the gig is meant to be split into 2 parts. Part 1 being a lot of the classic tunes and part 2 Burn my Eyes in its entirety with the original line up.

Ticket was £32.80. This will be the first of me seeing them but they were one of those bands who I got into when I first started listening to metal so worth ticking off the list, don’t know why I’ve waited so long. From what I’ve read the gig is meant to be split into 2 parts. Part 1 being a lot of the classic tunes and part 2 Burn my Eyes in its entirety with the original line up.

Aye that’s the plan for the tour. It’s going to be following the ‘An Evening with Machine Head’ format, same as their last couple of tours, three hours of just them, no support bands.