The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I still much prefer being in the standing area to being seated, but haven’t been in a mosh pit in at least 10 years. Don’t even think I made it to 30 years old when I retired myself from the pit given the damage I always ended up doing to myself! emoji1.png

I try & mix it up. Seated for Slayer on Monday. Right up at the barriers for Phil Campbell & the b*****ds Sons tonight at the Ironworks, Inverness.  Lugs ringing & I'll be sore tomorrow:lol:

On 14/11/2018 at 10:46, NorthernLights said:

Manowar love ripping the piss.

Capture.jpg

I fucking love Manowar, but no, not happening. It was £40 the last time and while the one off Birmingham date sold out, when they came back again they were playing to more than half empty Academies. They were brilliant in both Birmingham and Glasgow that time, but £30 more than Rammstein, away to f**k.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I fucking love Manowar, but no, not happening. It was £40 the last time and while the one off Birmingham date sold out, when they came back again they were playing to more than half empty Academies. They were brilliant in both Birmingham and Glasgow that time, but £30 more than Rammstein, away to f**k.

I searched through this thread and found a couple of posts that were fairly negative about the £40 cost of tickets so for it to jump to over £100 is laughable. 

I don't know why they don't do a gig in London and then one further north instead of two in Birmingham.

The thing is £40 now seems to be the price for an Academy gig.  I've spent around that or more of Mastodon, APC and Architects in recent months.

On 6/7/2018 at 09:35, NorthernLights said:

Unfortunately I was right.

Listening to this weeks show but haven't reached the explanation part yet.

Edit: The reason Beez has given is that Stephen said he doesn't have the enthusiasm to do the show that he once had and he has a lot going on but the door is always open if he ever wanted to return.

I felt that there was probably more to Hill departing and since he started the Riot Act podcast with Remfey there have been numerous comments during episodes that were clearly aimed at Beez and TNM.  I see that on the Download forum he was quite open about how much he hates Beez now and why he left TNM.

Screenshot-20181118-201508.png
Screenshot-20181118-202318.png
Screenshot-20181118-202412.png
Screenshot-20181118-202836.png

On 18/11/2018 at 23:15, NorthernLights said:

I felt that there was probably more to Hill departing and since he started the Riot Act podcast with Remfey there have been numerous comments during episodes that were clearly aimed at Beez and TNM.  I see that on the Download forum he was quite open about how much he hates Beez now and why he left TNM.

Screenshot-20181118-201508.png
Screenshot-20181118-202318.png
Screenshot-20181118-202412.png
Screenshot-20181118-202836.png

Pretty grim reading. Always seemed like good mates from the times I’d listened to the podcast.

Edited by Sauzee#4

9 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Not sure if they're Metal enough for this thread but I caught A Perfect Circle at the 02 Ac last Sunday and they were bloody magic. Well worth the 50 notes.

Think APC are more then metal enough.  I was at the gig and I was just happy to see MJK live for the first time since Tool played the old SECC in 2006.

Can't wait for Friday for my first ever visit to King Tut's.  From what I can see this is sold out now.